- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 16 Aug 17
Portfolio Manager’s Assistant, Listed Equities
Excellent opportunity to join the Listed Equities Division and support the activities of the core portfolio manager group
Macquarie Investment Management offers securities investment management capabilities across a number of asset classes including fixed interest, currencies, equities, infrastructure securities, private markets, hedge funds and multi-asset allocation solutions. It delivers a full-service offering to both institutional and retail clients in the US and Australia, with selective offerings in other regions.
An opportunity exists to join the Listed Equities Division. You will be responsible for supporting the activities of the core portfolio manager group;
- daily fund performance attribution and reconciliation with fund accounting
- generating alphas and model portfolios, sending rebalance trades through to the Dealing team in a timely manner and rebalance reporting
- liaising closely with the Dealing team - ensuring sufficient cash exists to fund portfolio trades, managing fund cash flows and monitoring fund positions to model target ranges.
- liaising with MFG's Operations team to manage corporate actions elections and with MFG's Risk team on any reporting and compliance requirements.
- month-end, quarter-end client reporting requirements – signal attribution, stock attribution and writing periodic investment reports.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have tertiary qualifications in Finance/Economics/ Maths/Accounting/Engineering or other relevant disciplines
- possess 1-2 years financial services experience, preferably within asset management.
- demonstrate a passion for and a solid understanding of equity markets and financial concepts
- be highly numerate and possess strong Excel, VBA, SQL, Unix, Bloomberg/Factset is desirable
- developed a high level of proficiency in running, building and enhancing excel-based spreadsheet tools and systems.
- possess strong time management skills, enabling effective prioritisation of competing tasks
- be able to build good relationships and enjoy communicating at all levels including fostering close relationships with MFG's Portfolio Management, Dealing, Product, Risk and Fund Accounting teams.
To apply for this role please submit your application via the link. For a confidential conversation please call Marion Harris on +612 8237 7833.
MAM has been managing assets for institutional and retail investors since 1980 in Australia and 1929 in the US, through a predecessor firm of Delaware Investments.
Macquarie Investment Management (MIM) offers securities investment management capabilities across a number of asset classes including fixed interest, currencies, equities, infrastructure securities, hedge funds and multi-asset allocation solutions. It delivers a full-service offering to both institutional and retail clients in the US and Australia, with selective offerings in other regions. Macquarie Investment Management also partners with a select few specialist investment managers to distribute "best of breed" strategies in Australia through its Macquarie Professional Series range of funds.
Macquarie Investment Management is one of the three operating groups within Macquarie Asset Management (MAM), Macquarie Group's funds management business.
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) is Macquarie Group's funds management business. MFG is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of capabilities and products including infrastructure and real asset management, securities investment management and tailored investment solutions over funds and listed equities. The group had $A450 billion in assets under management as at 31 May 2017.
MAM comprises the following three divisions:
• Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
• Macquarie Investment Management
• Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about