Chief Operating Officer
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- The Family Office
- 15 Jan 17
Established in 2004, The Family Office is a global advisory and wealth management firm with a sophisticated and growing list of high net worth families and individuals in the Arabian Gulf. The firm is headquartered in Bahrain and has offices in New York, London and Hong Kong. The firm has in place a strategic plan that calls for scaling up its proven and unique business model, growth in Assets Under Management over the next 10 years is expected to be significant as investors increasingly seek to diversify personal wealth.
Becoming the leading trusted wealth adviser is a commitment enshrined in the firm’s strategic plans and embraced totally by its shareholders, board of directors and employees. This commitment is underpinned by a strong culture of putting the client’s interests first and rigorous adherence to best in class corporate governance.
The successful candidate for the position of COO will spearhead the task of transforming the firm’s current operational platform to support the strategic vision of becoming the leading regional wealth management firm. This requires that all aspects of the firm’s operational architecture including fund administration, IT and client services are able to perform at the highest levels of efficiencies and quality within an integrated and coordinated master plan.
The successful candidate will be expected to present a complete package to the Executive Committee and the board of directors of this transformational plan complete with a detailed execution plan in accordance with agreed milestones. Overseeing the implementation of the master plan will form the next stage of this assignment following its approval by the board of directors.
General responsibilities will include:
- Plan and direct all aspects of the firm’s operational policies ensuring suitable operations management and optimizing operational processes
- Manage the Fund accounting and fund operations internally and with external vendors
- Ensuring key metrics relating to clients, portfolio IRR, TWR, deal multiples, Sharpe ratios, volatility calculations etc. are in line with generally accepted standards
- Manage the international current and future banking relationships and global custodians and partner with international global custodians for white labelling strategy
- Work with the consultant to integrate the 5-year strategic IT roadmap with the business and transform IT through cloud adoption
- Driving performance measures for the operation (including a consideration of efficiency verses effectiveness), often in the form of dashboards convenient for review of high level key indicators
- Work collaborate with the financial advisors and business development teams to ensure operational and technological support are at world class standards.
Skills & Qualifications of the successful candidate:
- Will have the relevant professional experience, already at COO level is preferred, in the asset management industry working for well-known firms in recognized financial centers such as Luxemburg and Dublin.
- Must possess leadership qualities and have a clear track record of building and leading effective teams operating across a number of functional areas, experience with integrating firm wide transformational programs such as the one forming the center piece of this assignment is a pre-condition for prospective candidates.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and co-ordinate closely with department heads to drive and integrate this critical transformational phase of the firm’s development as it seeks to build an operational platform that can help it achieve its strategic vision of becoming the leading trusted financial adviser.
Location is negotiable however travel to Bahrain on regular basis will be essential.