Head of Business Management
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Mar 17
Formulate and oversee the implementation of the Treasury & Financial Markets Group “the Group” strategy on behalf of the Group Treasurer. Contribute to the development of annual business plans designed to deliver agreed profit targets across each Unit within the Group. Build and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant Group stakeholders including Treasury & Financial Markets Risk, Finance, Treasury Operations, Group IT and Risk Management.
Actively manage direct and indirect cost control of the Group to maximize revenue contributions. Drive / challenge relevant support areas to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the Group’s global supporting infrastructure services and processes in order to enhance profitability of the business while minimizing operational and regulatory risks and maximizing client experience. Ensure that robust and effectively tested business continuity arrangements are established for the Group.
Job Title: Head of Business Management
Department: Group Treasury
Reports To: Group Treasurer
- To work with the Group Treasurer on the formulation and successful implementation of the Group’s overall Business Strategy. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, business growth and return on capital.
- Responsible for the timely remediation of Internal Audit findings across all Units of the Group.
- Ensures ongoing and appropriate interaction with other Support and Control functions and has prudential responsibility for proactive liaison and information exchange with other departments and external bodies in matters such as risk exposure, operational risk, business contingency planning and testing, valuation, profit & loss attribution, product control, compliance, counterparty due diligence, market abuse and audit issue resolution.
- Assists in the annual budget process for the Group, providing timely and accurate analysis, including market rates / trends, and updates to forecasts as and when required.
- Oversees and manages the team responsible for process coordination (initiation & completion) in respect of building and implementing New Product Approvals and maintaining and controlling existing processes, ensuring sign off from all concerned parties (using the RCSA process) in the workflow and rollout.
- Holds regular Financial Markets Governance and Control Committee meetings.
- Ensures that all team members are aware of regulatory changes such as Basel III, Dodd-Frank, FATCA and the implications these may have on the Group and its overall Strategy.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing Business Continuity arrangements including adequacy of BCP documentation and testing arrangements for the Group. .
- Interfaces with Vendors to ensure the latest product information is understood so this can be considered within the Group’s IT Roadmap.
- Responsible for ensuring the ongoing suitability of systems to enhance the revenue, risk, compliance and efficiency of the Group.
- Responsible for managing and supervising the creation, amendments and timely negotiation for all product documentation with clients and counterparties (such as ISDAs, CSAs, Islamic Agreements, Direct Dealing Mandates).
Reporting and Control:
- Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of the Group’s Policy and Procedures Manuals and adherence thereto by all personnel. Ensures all changes to Policy are agreed with relevant stakeholders (Heads of Units)
- Responsible for dealing with internal audit matters and ensuring that all audit requirements are acted upon in a timely manner across the Group. Ensures all business units are cognizant of doing day to business within the prescribed control framework to pre-empt operational risk, compliance and audit issues. Deals with external auditors and regulators as and when required.
- Ensures that minutes of relevant committee meetings and actions arising are communicated in a timely and effective manner to all team members
- Establishes appropriate SLA’s with Support and Control Function partners and ensures that variances to agreed SLAs are monitored and reported to the Financial Markets Governance and Control Committee. .
- Effectively manages staff using appropriate management skills.
- Participates and conducts regular performance reviews based on each individual’s objectives.
- Assesses the training needs of the team members and coordinates with the Human Resources Department to arrange training as per the development plans resulting from the individual performance reviews.
- Ensures succession plans are developed for key employees.
- Ensures continuous self-development to keep up to date with the knowledge needed for effective performance.
- Keeps up to date with and implement the Bank’s standards, policies, procedures and authority limits.
- Coaches and directs the team ensuring that they all have clearly defined job descriptions, objectives and KPIs.
- The Head of Business Management is responsible for determining product suitability for both clients and FI’s, development of the Group’s IT Roadmap, new systems development / implementation, project governance, strategy & budget completion, management information and coordination with business partners.
- The Jobholder ensures compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to by the Group.
- The jobholder should ensure that all activities of the Group are being carried out within the GALCO and Board approved strategies, policies and procedures of the bank.
- Strong knowledge of Group Treasury & Financial Markets related activities, products and services plus knowledge in all banking products and services.
- Good understanding of operational risk and compliance.
- Project and capacity planning experience.
- Strong regulatory knowledge to enable liaison with regulatory authorities (such as CBB, PRA, OCC / FED, MAS & DFSA).
Education / Certifications
- A minimum of B.Sc. in Finance or Accounting. Preferably an MBA Degree.
- A minimum of 15 years’ banking experience in Treasury Management, Operations, Corporate & Institutional Banking or Project Management out of which 5 years must be within a managerial role.
- Strong drive to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Treasury products including Islamic.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Project Management.
- Team management and leadership.
- Business understanding.
- Professional and ethical behavior.
- Negotiating skills.
- High level of integrity and loyalty.
- Client Focused.
- High level of oral and written communication skills