Senior Business Finance Partner, Asia Pacific Client Coverage and Lending and Transaction Management - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Aug 17
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Business Finance Partner, Asia Pacific Client Coverage and Lending and Transaction Management.
In this role, you will
- Work with Lending and Transaction Management and Client Coverage business, and being accountable for the tracking and reporting of performance of all major Lending and Transaction Management and Client Coverage sites in HSBC Asia Pacific.
- Interact with senior business, strategy and finance team members to deliver sound financial guidance and input on performance.
- Ensure forecasts and Annual Operating Plan for the region reflects the latest available insight on the business.
- Support other finance business partners to understand returns and results by product and segment and leverage opportunities for them to improve capital consumption and returns.
- Deliver monthly reporting insight and prepare forecasts as required.
- Ensure regulatory changes are understood and their impact implemented in all reporting, advice and analysis.
- Drive the development and delivery of financial analysis, modeling and reporting to support business results tracking and decision making.
- Be a catalyst for change to implement business and finance directives and strategic initiatives.
- Preparation of analysis and presentations, assess the impact of the analysis, identify conclusions, opportunities and risks, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Evaluate the financial results of ongoing business strategies as well as long term development and design strategies.
- Assess the financial impact of analysis and makes recommendations based on the results, and define and develop methods and procedures to prepare and maintain analytics.
- Partner with and provide support and advice on the client profitability and returns dashboard.
- Partner with senior management and business managers as required to respond to their requests for analysis and metrics.
- Consult with executive management, finance, other internal departments and external resources to provide analysis, conclusions, opportunities and risks.
- Drive projects through effective communication and influence, and the ability to work well and get buy in from others is critical.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, statistics, business management, related field or equivalent experience.
- Relevant commercial banking experience including knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Professional accountancy qualification, such as ACA, CIMA, and relevant post qualification experience is a plus.
- Well developed management, interpersonal, analytical, presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant experience in financial analysis, modeling and systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages. Advanced spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Ability to work with all levels throughout the Bank.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009JLH
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited