Associate Managing Director (AMD)
Direct and coach a team of 12 Tokyo based analysts to assign ratings, and produce research on a portfolio of high profile corporations and infrastructure entities across a wide variety of industries. The AMD is also required to manage the analysts covering Japanese regional governments.
This is a challenging, high profile position and requires an ability to combine an in-depth knowledge of Japan and global credit trends to ensure that the team consistently delivers timely and accurate ratings. Good interpersonal skills are a prerequisite to manage this diverse team of analysts. Knowledge of Japanese is preferable but is not a requirement for otherwise qualified candidates.
The responsibilities against which the success of the AMD will be measured include
- Ensure the team maintains accurate and timely ratings, with clearly articulated ratings rationale.
- Deliver consistent best in class service to issuers through regular interaction with issuers at senior levels, including annual review meetings, transparency meetings and ad hoc meetings as necessary.
- Review and assist as necessary in the production of research to ensure the team deliver timely and insightful research.
- Actively participate in outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences and third party speaking events as opportunity arises, in order to ensure Moody's view is consistently communicate to market participants on a regular and timely basis.
- Manage and allocate team workloads within team resource constraints and balancing service to issuers with maintenance of a healthy work life balance among the team.
- Mentor and develop the analysts.
- Maintain an active dialogue with senior staff within credit standards and strategy and other internal groups.
- Actively support the implementation of business transformation initiatives and adoption of new technology by the team.
- Support global and regional CFG management in ad hoc projects when necessary
- Adhere to applicable codes of conduct, policies procedures and best practices.
Corporate Finance /Public, Project and Infrastructure
- 12-15+ years of professional experience in management, credit analysis and portfolio management
- Manage a team of credit analysts with experience in multiple sectors
- Develop individuals and teams, leverages people and delegates responsibilities
- Think strategically and executes strategies within a team and/or across the franchise, etc.
- Re-think and improve processes, products, etc.
- Oversee production of research and outreach activities.
- Establish strong social networks across the firm, including LOBs, and regions.
- Strong internal and external communication & presentation skills.
- Credible leader with high integrity standards.
- Experience managing a global rating scale is desirable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.