All duties performed under full supervision and guidance from the lead analyst and managing director
- Assists analyst with overall preparation for Rating Committees such as gathering data, preparation of charts and financial models
- Independently prepares majority of sections of rating recommendations and identify credit issues for discussion with analyst
- Assists analyst in preparation for portfolio reviews by compiling and maintaining peer comparisons, industry statistics and bond prices and spreads relevant to the portfolio
- Prepares required materials for issuer meetings and may lead certain portions of the discussion; responsible for meeting minutes in issuer meetings, prepares items for follow-up and coordinates internally for resolution of outstanding issues
- Works with a team of analysts on various analytical and statistical projects including preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modeling, which leads to first drafts of analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information
- Prepares necessary materials in advance of attending investor briefings and attends investor briefings relevant to portfolio as an observer
- Routinely completes administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for rating committees, issuer meetings and portfolio reviews, document retention, results monitoring and news tracking
- Graduate/second-level degree (e.g., MBA, Master's) preferred. Progress towards completion of CFA Level II or other certificate in accounting finance
- Good accounting background (e.g., coursework and / or relevant work experience in accounting)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior work experience in sector/industry
- Previous experience in credit analysis desirable
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly; ability to work with tight deadlines and manage own workflow
- Results-oriented and proactive; strong attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.