Senior Product Manager – Trade Finance
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 15 Jan 17
Our client is a major banking institution in the middle east who are looking to strengthen their Trade Finance division. We are looking for a Senior Manager – Trade Product professional to cover the KSA region. This person will also deputize and be a successor to the Head of Trade Finance Product Management.
The candidate must have current and proven experience working for one of the major banks with in-depth experience working in traditional trade product roles.
The role of the Senior Product Manager is to deliver and support trade needs of their large corporate customers from either a portfolio of existing clients or from new to bank customers. You will be recognized as a Trade expert and provide support and guidance to your colleagues and customers, to enhance the customers' experience and the Bank's income growth.
In addition, you will be senior enough to deputize the Head of Trade Product, with a potential to step into his role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing trade finance products to enhance the day-to-day operation of the trade finance function and improve the efficiency/effectiveness of the department, and carrying out their implementation
- Price solutions appropriately using pricing models. Identify service improvements and cross sale opportunities for additional group products
- Issue, monitor, and prepare reports on Bank Guarantee, LC, TR and PN etc.
- Ensures that all procedures carried-out comply with Trade Finance Policies & Procedures Manual prior to initiating LCs
- Monitoring trade credit requirements; organise/issue of the LC/PU when the global business is the buyer and to ensure we receive an acceptable LC/PC/PU/PCG
- Ensure that all transactions have been executed within the benchmark set by the Management
- Handling of all trade finance issues from start to finish when required. This will often involve liaison with existing trade finance and operations teams in other locations.
- Must have a strong track record of working in a traditional product manager – trade capacity
- Experience of working towards sales targets and willingness to be assessed against sales achievements
- Knowledgeable in LC, TR and PN
- All successful candidates must have at least 7 years trade finance experience, including selling to corporate clients
The client can demonstrate a strong career path for proven individuals within the Trade Finance space.