- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Aug 17
Head of SGA, Performance Analytics & Planning
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.This is the head of the Singapore Group Analytics team within the Finance Functions Group FP&A team focusing on External analysis and benchmarking, Digital MI and group performance management.
The role involves leading the Singapore Analytics team and working closely with the other Group FP&A teams (Planning, Group Management Reporting, Stress Testing and Quant modeling) based in London and Chennai to develop leading financial analytics and strategic insights across a number of areas of group and business performance management. This includes, but is not limited to returns based performance measurement, balance sheet optimization, strategic planning process and investor relations.
The role provides a unique opportunity to interact with range of Group senior management, (Group CFO, CEO and Management Team) and Finance Management team and develop a strong understanding of Group's financial performance and organizational structure and to influence decision-making through quality and depth of analytical insights and recommendations. The role suits an individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience in driving shareholder returns in the current global banking environment and experience in engaging with senior management through various management forums.
The role also plays a leading role (in conjunction with the Head of Group Planning - Singapore) in developing broader FP&A relationships with the businesses and ASA region co-located in Singapore and driving improvements in the operating platform supporting group FP&A including developing an offshore analytics capability in Chennai and leading the MI project to rollout Tableau as an analytics tool across the SC Group.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate strong financial acumen combined with a creative and strategic mindset, with a level of Industry expertise and maturity to lead the team in delivering on its mandate to senior stakeholders. Outstanding ability to communicate both verbally and written to an executive audience is an absolute must - this includes the ability to digest complex themes and synthesize them in a simple and visual outputs. From a behavioral profile, individuals who enjoy a dynamic environment will benefit from close exposure to the activities driven by the Group's strategic needs. While this remains very much a Finance/FP&A role, the role may better suit a candidate with some previous experience within a consulting firm and/or within a Strategy team of a major international bank.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop leading financial analytics and strategic insights across a number of areas of group and business performance management
- Developing broader FP&A relationships with the businesses and ASA region co-located in Singapore
- Leading role on the MI project to rollout Tableau as an analytics tool across the SC Group
- Develop an offshore analytics and digital MI capability in Chennai
- Develop and deliver presentations in a succinct, visual manner for the Board and Management Team
- Analysis to support group external reporting process including analysis and benchmarking of peers.
- Work with specific product and functions to analyze performance drivers and manage implementation of decisions taken at various management forums.
- Play a leading role in setting the performance agenda during business reviews and areas of focus for the Management Team
- Drive strategic analysis and provide recommendations for adhoc analytical pieces
- Group CFO
- FMT including region and segment CFO's and Group Functions.
- Key business leads
- Group Treasury
- Group Strategy
- Capital & Liquidity Management
- Offshore support team
Qualifications and Skills
- Postgraduate degree/MBA/an accounting qualification with minimum relevant working experience of 10-15 years in banking and finance
- Core FP&A team experience in a global banking environment with exposure to matrix management, region, country and segment reporting
- Experience in leading MI tool design and rollout including Tableau (preferred) or other equivalent BI tool.
- Good knowledge of Retail and Wholesale banking products, Group Treasury activities, banking regulation and shareholders returns.
- Strong stakeholder management, interpersonal skills, self-starter, resilient and results-oriented
- An ability to think both strategically and analytically and comfortable developing solutions to challenging questions.
- Core experience in business partnering to understand business needs and develop solutions to meet their requirements.
- Personal authority with proven ability to establish relationships and provide direction within the team to meet group and team objectives.
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Strong role model for the FP&A teams and project resources
- High standard of written English, with the ability to review, summarise and communicate material accurately and succinctly.
- Good proficiency with Powerpoint with the ability to produce quality first draft documents for senior management committees.
- Strong presenter of information with clear articulation of key messages
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.