Manager, Trade Services Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- To manage a team in processing Import/Export/Guarantees/Supply chain transactions
- Ensure that all transactions and tasks assigned are processed/carried out in accordance with the operating/compliance procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day smooth and efficient operations of the Team including liaising and coordinating with the Back Office.
- Liaise with Marketing Officers and Risk whenever necessary regarding solutions for adhoc transactions touching on customer's risks and commitments or irregular transactions.
- Make decision on technical problems relating to all matters concerning bills.
- Review and monitor irregular/overdue/unpaid bills and take necessary actions as agreed with the client and Marketing Officer
- Responsible for disseminating relevant information and instructions received to the staff
- Look into customers' / correspondents' complaints and take appropriate action in liaison with Head of Trade Services.
- Resolve problems and implement solutions affecting the operations processes.
- Undertake corrective action for any nonconformance identified during audits.
- Identify staff training needs and ensure they are adequately trained for the jobs they perform.
- Support the marketing efforts of the Marketing Officers by making joint calls to customers to provide advice/ making presentations on trade products and build up good customers' relationship.
- Participate in procedures and operations reviews.
- Verify and approve transactions within their authority level.
- Perform 1st level controls as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Head of Trade Services from time to time.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Preferably at least 10 years experience in handling trade import/export operations preferably also with experience Bank Guarantee/Supply Chain transactions
- Preferably with 3 years experience in managing a team
- PC skills - MS Word, Excel
- Strong team player. Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast and accurate. Can multi task and able to work under pressure
- Client service oriented
- Good understading and able to apply relevant ICC Rules - e.g. UCP 600, ISP 98, URDG 758, URC 522