Senior Claims Executive - Marine
- Permanent, Full time
- AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd
- 17 Aug 17
The team in Singapore serves local clients, international programs from overseas as well as a regional reinsurance hub. In order to meet its ambitious growth targets, the branch is seeking for an experienced Senior Claims Executive.
A glimpse of your daily mission:
- Handle claims (Marine Cargo and Hull) from receipt of the notice of claim to closure i.in liaison with broker or cedants, reviewing claims documentation, adjustment of claims as per policy conditions, monitoring recoveries against 3rd parties etc.
- Permanently verify the claims reserves and their adequacy. For claims within authority, to settle claims as per policy conditions and liaise with
- accounts department for processing of the Claim Payment Requests.
- For claims above her authority, claims to be prepared for recommendation, discussion & approval of claims manager and / or Paris Head office.
- Appointment of recovery agents if required and monitor recovery updates
- Handle all aspects of bordereau claims for large reinsurance accounts
- Liaise with fac reinsurers via brokers for collection of their share of the claims (issuance of debit notes etc.)
- Feedback to Underwriters, Claims and Risk Managers on “return on experience” and loss prevention ( unusual large claims, high loss ratios, repeated occurrences, ambiguous policy clauses)
- Introduce claims initiatives / procedures to enhance claims efficiency within
- Execute other ad-hoc jobs
Successful qualifier of this mission:
- 5 years in Marine / shipping claims background with loss adjusting experience preferred
- Minimum Diploma holder and / or ACII
- Organised, methodological and reliable - capable to prioritize issues
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Good customer orientation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at different levels of hierarchy