- Camberly, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 15 Aug 17
Job Description: Corporate Title: Vice President Location: Camberley Department: Global Markets Operations Technology
Corporate Title: Vice President
Department: Global Markets Operations Technology
Here in our Camberley Office we are looking for an Applications Developer to work within the Global Markets Operations Technology Department. The successful candidate will work within the BUCS Team. BUCS sub-ledger systems support the Equities, Rates, Debt and Equity derivative and cash businesses from which they are fed millions of trades, valuations and cash from up-stream trading systems which the product controller then uses to view and make adjustments to their books and records.
The BUCS team have a global presence with members situated in United Kingdom and Singapore. In cooperation with our business analysts (United Kingdom, New York, India) our team supports, develops and maintains three regional instances of the application.
The BUCS team are an AGILE team practicing Scrum participating in a sprint duration of 2 weeks with monthly releases.
In return we will offer great training and support. You will be joining a team that has expectations of growth and development within the next few years.
As an SQL Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Developing and deploying large, business critical solutions
- Supporting existing functionality and expanding this it to deliver new features
- Leading and directing architectural change
- Promoting change within the team, being innovative in creating bespoke solutions using the latest techniques and technologies in a SQL server environment
- Writing automated tests and promoting good development proactive and agile behaviour
- Troubleshooting and supporting the application's components
- Supporting our Business users support queries
- Assisting our Audit and Regulatory team's reporting requirements
As an SQL Developer your skills/competencies would ideally include:
- Our preferred language is Python and database MS SQL, but ideally candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in a variety of technologies including: structured languages (e.g. Java, C#), scripting languages (e.g. Python, VBS), and databases (e.g. MS SQL 2012 and above)
- The ability to define and deliver technical change. It is likely that this experience will have been gained from within a software development team, delivering quality solutions to business partners
- Demonstrate experience in communicating and negotiating effectively with stakeholders to influence business strategy through the use of technology
- Proficiency in writing automated tests
- Demonstrate the ability to performance tune SQL server database table and view structures and stored procedures
- Knowledge and experience of Agile and Lean software development practices
- Experience of the banking industry and the risk awareness culture associated within
- Global Markets Business Acumen would be beneficial focusing on Product Control, and Accounting and Financial Management across all banking products
- This role will require a self-motivated individual who is willing to perform as part of a team, but also can own an initiative and drive it through to delivery
- We will require a good communicator who will have to adapt to working with senior stakeholders and junior associates alike, altering their approach depending on the audience
- A positive can do attitude is essential to the ability to deliver successfully in this role as is the ability to be able to respond competently to competing and changing requirements
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.