Assistant – Portfolio Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stanhope Capital LLP
- 16 Aug 17
Stanhope Capital was established in 2004 and is an independently owned wealth management firm providing discretionary and portfolio management services to ultra-high net worth private and institutional clients worldwide. Stanhope is neither a bank, nor just a family office. Instead, we bring together the best of both worlds: the high service standards and transparency expected of a private family office, combined with the quality of investment expertise and operational excellence typically associated with a major global financial institution. There are currently 14 partners and over 80 employees operating from offices in London, Geneva and Jersey.
Stanhope Capital employs the best investment professionals across the industry providing an environment to develop their career and gain a broad knowledge of the wealth management industry. Our overriding objective is to protect and increase the real wealth of our clients by achieving superior returns while minimising investment risks to an agreed level.
About the role:
The role will involve assisting in the management of client portfolios, working within an overall team of 15 portfolio managers and their assistants. The duties will include but will not be limited to:
- supporting members of the Portfolio Management Team
- executing and monitoring portfolio transactions
- participating in regular reviews of client portfolios
- preparing client presentations for both prospective and existing clients
- liaising with custodians and third haparty advisers
- aiding in the preparation of monthly client valuations
- assisting with the ‘on-boarding’ of new mandates
- checking and reconciling client data and information
Skills and Characteristics:
Applicants will require a broad knowledge of the financial markets, as well as Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Bloomberg is a plus. RDR qualifications are also desirable.
If you have:
- an interest in investment management and portfolio construction
- strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
- an interest in performing a critical role while learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a strong work ethic, sense of humour and a “get on with it” attitude
If you are:
- highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly growing company
- highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- discrete and mature
- a team player
then we would love to receive your application!
Deadline for applications is 1 September 2017.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.