Business Development Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 18 Aug 17
Business Development Manager
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
A dedicated sales role, as part of the UK sales team for Lyxor's asset management business distributing active investment strategies. The candidate will support the head of Northern Europe sales, targeting UK clients and developing direct relationships with investors.
Based in London, the successful applicant will contribute to the growth of the business throughout all phases of the sales cycle (first contact with clients, pitching, follow up, and servicing existing investors). The main client base will be asset managers, wealth managers and private banks.
The role will require the candidate to develop an extensive knowledge of Lyxor's alternative investment products and to understand the market positioning of Lyxor and its main competitors.
Summary of responsibilities
• Further build and contribute with new clients to the UK Distribution sales strategy
• Identify, map and actively prospect with new targeted investors
• Maintain existing relationships and build strong contacts
• Ensure detailed feedback and reporting to all internal stakeholders
• Provide clients with information and responses on Lyxor's range of alternative investment funds (e.g. performance, structure, attribution, etc). In performing these tasks you will work closely with the various internal teams based across London and Paris
• Represent the organisation with attendance at events, working closely and in coordination with Lyxor Marketing and Communication teams
• Solid understanding of Financial Markets and various Investment Strategies (e.g. different hedge funds strategies)
• Excellent grasp of English grammar and able to demonstrate good written skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to network and present effectively
• Highly motivated, energetic and driven
• Ability to work to short deadlines
• Team orientated
Relevant investment management experience, working with UK investors, particularly private banks, asset managers and wealth managers.
A strong academic record from a leading university.
CFA and/ or CAIA would be an advantage.
English (preferably mother tongue)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.