Certified Management Accountant Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 18 Aug 17
Certified Management Accountant Manager
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
SGIL offers a full range of clearing and execution services for futures and options on listed financial, over-the-counter (“OTC”) clearing, and commodity markets. The Company does not take proprietary positions but in the normal course of business facilitation can hold limited residual positions to accommodate its customer activities. In addition, the Company provides coverage for a broad range of fixed income, foreign exchange (“FX”), equity and commodity products in both listed and OTC markets. The Company also provides clients with value added services including a prime brokerage offering, electronic platforms for trading and order routing, cross margining and the centralised reporting of client portfolios.
The GBIS Finance Division (DFIN/GBI) is in charge of:
- Steering the financial and budgetary strategy of GBIS, and its investment and development policy;
- Measuring and analysing the profitability of the activities portfolio (clients, businesses, geographies) and the use of all resources (overheads, balance sheet, capital, liquidity, etc.);
- Certifying GBIS accounts (accounting quality, valuation methods, orders options, etc., regardless of the production centres, vis-à-vis DFIN, external auditors, regulators, etc.;
- Ensuring the necessary support and the right level of expertise on the subjects of accounting standards, taxation, scarce resources and regulation.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Reporting to Head of CMA UK, the CMA manager is responsible for the overall supervision of SG International Ltd Financial Reportings to Head Office. The role requires also the oversight of the production teams located in Bucharest in charge of month-end journals and Consolidation Reporting.
The CMA manager main responsibilities will be:
- review of all financial reportings sent to the Head Office (Consolidation, Rec, Transfo, Structural risk, Fisc, …)
- Responsible for the control of accuracy of the General Ledger.
Summary of responsibilities
- Review of all financial reportings sent to the Head Office (Consolidation, Rec, Transfo, Structural risk, Fisc, …)
- Control the quality of financial reportings:
1. Oversee the overall balance sheet substantiation and follow-up balances at risk in liaison with the Finance Control Department (FSC)
2. Review and sign off accounts owned by CMA
3. Second level control on control accounts with the account owner on a monthly basis by ensuring that balances are flat or any difference is explained
4. Perform a monthly variance analysis of the trial balance and liaise with the account owner for explanation
5. Perform a quarterly variance analysis of the financial statements sent to the Head Office in liaison with MACC, OPER and Business Lines.
- Attend governance meetings with Bucharest with SGIL offshore manager on the CMA perimeter. When weaknesses are identified, ensure action plans are systematically defined and monitor them until resolution.
- Prepare comments on the quarterly FCA balance-sheet analysis
- Oversee the intercompany reconciliation process with Bucharest. Act as an escalation point for intercompany reconciliation.
- Production of the year-end statutory accounts with associated disclosure notes and submission of statutory accounts to the necessary regulatory bodies and institutions.
- Provide expert assistance in areas such as accounting treatment of financial instruments under IFRS.
- Project assistance in implementation of a new General Ledger system to converge toward Societe Generale Accounting system and other ad hoc Group Projects (IFRS 9, OSCAR 2 …)
Level of Autonomy and Authority
A high degree of autonomy is required for the role as well as the ability to facilitate and communicate between different departments and locations
• Experience in a Big 4 audit company required
• Strong accounting knowledge: qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA, other).
• Good communication skills are required as well as a relationship facility in team works
• The role will be hands on and diverse in terms of the range of types of business dealt with. There will be a very high level of contact with senior management as well as with both the front and back offices.
• Experience in a Big 4 audit company or similar role in a financial institution
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Economics, MBA preferred
• University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines
* French speaker is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.