Corporate Development Analyst
- Competitive base plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Richards & Wallis
- 14 Aug 17
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as an Analyst in the Corporate Development team of a leading Global Asset Manager. The Corporate Development team is primarily responsible for analyzing the business in the context of the wider industry, evaluating and executing potential investments (including M&A) as well as providing analytical support to successfully deliver wider corporate projects and initiatives. The team also develops and supports the execution of the firm’s corporate strategy and works closely with key stakeholders from across the business to evaluate new opportunities for the firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work as part of a team to support senior management as the firm develops, prioritises, communicates and executes its corporate strategy
- You will analyse, synthesise and present market data, key industry trends and events, and other relevant factors to senior management to support strategic targets and priorities.
- You will source and evaluate data for the purposes of strategic reviews and other Board papers (e.g. industry positioning, market entry).
- You will help prepare business plans and/or other ad hoc financial analysis to help with key strategic decision-making (e.g. profitability analysis, divestments, new team launches)
- You will be involved in helping to identify, evaluate and execute potential corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions, disposals and other strategic investments) which will involve preparing recommendations relating to the strategic and financial impact of such transactions
- You will assume additional duties to fulfil your role, including ad hoc projects as assigned
- You will work closely with internal corporate departments, such as legal, accounting/tax, investment, distribution, operations etc.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
Essential: Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in:
- a top-tier, bulge-bracket investment bank ‘Big-4’ accountancy firm (transaction advisory or valuation and business modelling)
- a leading strategy/management consulting firm o the strategy/M&A department of a leading financial institution
- Must have strong financial modelling skills (Excel)
- Must have strong presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of financial institutions (preferably the Asset Management sector)
- A good understanding of accounting and finance
- Must be highly numerate and have strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work independently to research, analyze, synthesize and present complex qualitative and quantitative data clearly
- Must have strong organizational/administrative management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines