Finance Business Partner
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Aug 17
An exciting new Finance Business Partner position has become available at HSBC. The purpose of this position is to provide business finance support for Global Banking Products (DCM, ECM, SEF, IRG, SFG, & LAF). This role covers Europe and has Global oversight.
- Work closely with the business to provide business finance support to the Global & Regional Head's & Business Development teams for Global Banking Products (DCM, ECM, SEF, IRG, SFG, & LAF), with regular contact with senior management.
- Facilitate/support the day to day and strategic management of GB Products through the preparation, analysis and distribution of value added, timely, and commercial analysis.
- Responsibility for working with the businesses to set AOP and Strategic targets and hold the business to account for the actions set out in these plans
- Work with business to ensure revenue is booked as expected and in a timely manner; ensure Transfer Pricing and Revenue Share agreements are correctly adhered to.
- Provide transaction advice, in conjunction with other specialist support functions eg accounting policy, tax and compliance to ensure complex deals and the associated revenue is correctly accounted for.
- Monitor and report variances against plan (actuals and forecasts) for both the P&L and Balance Sheet. Understand potential P&L impact of Balance Sheet positions. Understand commercial drivers of variances to these targets
- Drive efficiency's in production of MI reporting; streamline processes and standardise where possible
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- The key challenge will be in business partnering - building relationships & influence with the Business as well as Finance teams. This is needed in order to bring global oversight into the role, along with building effective working relationships with non-finance colleagues.
- Provide insightful commercial analysis and demonstrate the ability to add value to the global business.
- Hold the business to account for the actions set out in AOP and Strategic plans.
- Global Banking Products operate in rapidly changing market conditions and strategic environments; therefore need to keep abreast of all internal/external initiatives that affect the products.
- Build on existing MI processes and systems and re-engineer to provide efficiency's given greater number of requests from stakeholders
- Manage conflicting priorities and requests through prioritization.