Head of Traffic, Raw Materials Desk
- Competitive - depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 17
Our Client, an established International Commodity Trading House are seeking an experienced Head of Traffic for the Raw Materials Desk, to be based in Central London
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Management of the Traffic Department’s staff responsible for the timely execution of all physical contracts, inventory, and logistics for the Group, which shall include Copper Concentrates, Iron Ore, Tin Concentrates and Cobalt.
• Extensive coordination with the Company's front, middle and back offices related to the Traffic Department's functions for all commodities of the Company including freight, chartering/vessel nominations, laytime and demurrage calculations, storage, logistics, cost accrual updates, marine cargo insurance and claims, inventory reporting, Letter of Credit presentations, and other related duties for all commodities.
• Must have a very good working knowledge of UCP600 and Incoterms.
• Ensure the timely handling of all contract and contract/logistic related issues, and adherence to processes and procedures.
• Assist in the documenting of processes and procedures for the various responsibilities within the Traffic Department, as well the implementation and upkeep of policies and procedures that impact the Traffic Department and related areas of the Group.
• Being fully versed in all of the Company’s contract administration and risk systems, which include Brady Trinity, Aquarius and other related systems as may be acquired.
• Coordinate with the various departments within the Company to ensure timely reporting and reconciliations for month-end, quarter-end and year-end reviews, and audits of traffic-related matters, including certain trade/risk procedures.
• Special projects and other functions that the Company may request from time to time.
• University/ college degree required (minimum 2:2 or equivalent), Masters in Business Administration a plus.
• Minimum five years’ managerial experience in logistics and commodity administration.
• Able to work in an aggressive, fast-paced and time-sensitive environment, communicating with colleagues and customers in multiple time zones.
• Should have a complete understanding of all aspects of supply chain management and reporting.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with individuals in all levels of the business.
• Ability to adapt quickly to handle special projects or tasks which the Company may require from time to time.
• Must be able to actively manage a staff of 5 – 10 contract administrators and Traffic staff, across multiple offices and time zones.
• May be required to travel internationally.
• Excellent IT/computer skills required, with an active understanding of the complete suite of Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn multiple in-house proprietary software systems that track the Group’s products during the complete supply-chain cycle.
31 August 2017.