Investment Risk - Data Analytics Manager
- Up to £85,000 plus Benefits and Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 11 Aug 17
My client is a Global, Financial Services house with an excellent reputation and strong UK presence, looking for a Risk Data Analytics Manager to work in a global remit. The key requirement of the role is to lead and coordinate between different stakeholders to deliver risk data analytics initiatives effectively and timely. Manage the risk data architecture and associated data processes supporting key global Risk systems. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in the Investment Risk Management function of a major asset management, fund management or investment management institution and you will have significant risk management experience.
The Risk Analytics and Reporting Manager will be responsible for directing the development of Risk Analytic architecture and the data management activities across all AMG sites.
The responsibilities of this role will cover risk data methodology and standards as applied to all AMG investment products.
- Provides expertise in AMG Risk function for analytic solutions and manages the development of risk analytics framework for investment risk oversight as a long term solution.
- Understand key risk data used, review and identify the possible gaps in the data governance processes, perform the relevant analysis and reconciliation on the data in scope and carried out relevant remediation to the gaps identified
- As a consumer of data, ensure that AMG Risk develops processes around data which comply with Group policies and BCBS principles.
- Document and manage instrument pricing models, evaluating required fields and the availability of data from either internal sources and/or preferred external suppliers.
- Create mechanisms to measure data sensitivity through daily automated processes, monitoring data spikes, and implementing appropriate data management techniques to ensure integrity of unaudited data.
- Report on key data statistics regarding quality, integrity, and timeliness of data feeds from internal Operational functions and external data providers.
- Document Risk data standards and Risk data governance policies and procedures. Monitor service level agreements with key stakeholders.
- Effectively manage risk data activities across regional teams and global functions. Oversee engagement with internal and external clients.
- Support AMG businesses to meet requirements from Group and regulators.
- Provide back up, support and training to other members in the Global Team as well as other risk managers in AMG.
- Strong Project and Process Management experience
- Strong database administrator skills combined withSQL and other coding abilities.
- Strong knowledge of risk data requirements and methodology supporting instrument pricing mechanisms. A good depth of experience with investment principles and the functioning of asset management.
- The role holder should be sufficiently qualified to the understand quantitative techniques underlying risk methodology and risk application (e.g. a quantitative first degree and/or post-graduate degree, and/or an industry standard risk qualification)