Junior Funds Analyst – Fixed Income
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stanhope Capital LLP
- 16 Aug 17
Stanhope Capital was established in 2004 and is an independently owned wealth management firm providing discretionary and portfolio management services to ultra-high net worth private and institutional clients worldwide. Stanhope is neither a bank, nor just a family office. Instead, we bring together the best of both worlds: the high service standards and transparency expected of a private family office, combined with the quality of investment expertise and operational excellence typically associated with a major global financial institution. There are currently 14 partners and over 80 employees operating from offices in London, Geneva and Jersey.
Stanhope Capital employs the best investment professionals across the industry providing an environment to develop their career and gain a broad knowledge of the wealth management industry. Our overriding objective is to protect and increase the real wealth of our clients by achieving superior returns while minimising investment risks to an agreed level.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Funds Analyst (Fixed Income) to join our Investment Research team in London. The role is a fixed term maternity cover until March 2018 and/or permanent.
The primary focus of the role is to provide investment research on fixed income funds working within a team of investment specialists and reporting to the Head of Alternatives and Fixed Income.
The duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Source investment ideas and conduct fund research in the long only (and alternative investment) space with an expected emphasis on fixed income.
- Perform due diligence on investment ideas including quantitative analysis.
- Write conclusive notes and reports on analysed funds and strategies.
- Maintain up to date risk information for investments.
- Review and monitor existing investments regularly.
- Communicate the current environment and outlook for investment opportunities to the investment and client advisory teams.
- Produce general research on the industry and develop a network of information.
- Liaise with the client advisory and operations team regarding queries.
- Support the management of the firm.
To be successful in this role you will be educated to degree level and have significant financial services experience of which at least 3 years should be in Fixed Income.
You will require a broad knowledge of the financial markets, as well as excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Bloomberg is essential. You must be able to demonstrate that you are highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly-growing company.
If you have:
- strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
- an interest in performing a critical role while learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- a strong work ethic, and a “get on with it” attitude
- the ability to work effectively with internal and external relations
If you are:
- highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly growing company
- highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- discrete and mature
- a team player
then we would love to receive your application!
Deadline for applications is 31 August 2017.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.