Legal, Technology, Intellectual Property, and Contracts Group, Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
Goldman Sachs wishes to engage an experienced technology, intellectual property and commercial contracts lawyer to support its EMEA business operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising in relation to a wide range of commercial and technology contracts, typically subject to English law.
- Contracts in scope will include supplier agreements for the provision of a wide range of business, technology and data services and products to Goldman Sachs.
- Responsibilities also include advising on contracting strategies and structures, supplier engagement and management (including global RFP's), confidentiality and information security issues, Goldman Sachs technology policies, legislative developments, encryption export issues, Goldman Sachs fin-tech product development etc..
- Act as strategic partner to relevant business units in planning of supplier engagements, and in managing existing suppliers.
- Engaging and managing foreign counsel in relation to contracts subject to foreign law.
- Extensive contact with Goldman Sachs business personnel and legal staff, globally, and with external suppliers.
- Maturity, decisiveness and sound judgement are required. Candidates should have at least 4-6 years post-admission experience.
- Significant experience negotiating multi-jurisdictional business and technology services contracts is required.
- Good understanding of supplier engagement processes (RFP's, contract structures), preferably on an international basis, is required.
- Experience in advising financial institutions in relation to electronic trading and digital finance arrangements (e.g. trading platforms, settlement and reporting systems, market data, analytics, blockchain, etc.), and the associated regulatory framework, would be helpful.
- In-house experience would be advantageous (including via relevant secondments).
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills required, both oral and written, with an ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Ability to work with autonomy, while remaining part of team.
- Flexible approach, with the ability to respond to client demands while adhering to firm policies and practices and appropriate escalation procedures.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.