MiFID II Project Manager - Fixed Income Research - Unbundling - Investment Research
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Anchura Partners
- 11 Jul 17
Anchura Partners is a unique financial services consultancy with a proven track record of solving business challenges and driving all aspects of change. As practitioners, not career consultants, our distinctiveness is in our people and our approach. Our unique blend of skills and expertise enables us to understand the challenges facing our clients and provide the management and delivery bandwidth they need to get things done. We are proud to have some of the most talented and experienced practitioners within the industry in our team, all of whom have a depth of experience gained in financial services or consulting.
Oversight/Description of project and role
The Anchura Front Office Change Practice is focused on the delivery of regulatory, operational and strategic change projects across the Front Office. With teams covering Equities, FICC, Prime Services and Research internationally, we work closely with senior business heads to drive forward their business change agenda.
Anchura’s Front Office Practice continually supports our clients across products in the delivery of projects including product focused regulatory change, risk and controls, governance, remediation and turnaround, business development, strategy and propositions.
Anchura Management Consultants are proven within their field of expertise, they effectively integrate with the client organization and to hit the ground running and deliver fully upon the change agenda outlined.
We continue to grow and support the needs and demands of our client base therefore we are currently looking to hire a MiFID II Project Manager (VP or DIR level) with investment research, Fixed Income research, unbundling knowledge, to join our Front Office practice. The role will focus on the solution of how the client will be Mifid II compliant for Fixed Income research.
Research costs typically have been embedded into the bid/offer spreads on fixed income products. Looking at research unbundling, sell-side firms will have to determine what price to charge for that component and how it will impact on spreads. With a move to explicit pricing, and as asset managers potentially become more selective about what they buy, there are also concerns that the quality and scope of research will decrease. This could result in less efficient capital allocation and reduced liquidity for certain securities, especially those of smaller cap and thinly- traded companies.
- Work heavily with the business/front office business heads/COOs to agree solution and business requirements.
- Gathering Business Requirements
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Ensure users have access to UAT environment
- Managing the defect process
Desired Skills and Experience
- Consulting / Manager level, strong personality and can stand up to Front Office profiles
- Project Management/Business Analysis skills
- Must have worked on the full project life cycle
- Mifid II experience
- Fixed Income research SME
- Knowledge of the regulatory impacts on the industry - EMIR, MiFID
- Proven experience on a large-scale implementation
- Delivery focused
- Excellent stakeholder’s management skills
- Good written skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent Excel skills