Retail Banking Management Consultant - Business Strategy
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Jan 17
We are seeking an enthusiastic, confident and tenacious proven management consultant professional to join one of our rapidly expanding client units. As a Management Consultant, you will be a key individual in the growth of the Atlantic retail consulting business, evolving our propositions and at the forefront in expanding relationships with new and existing clients. You will also work closely with the professional services in pursuit of value propositions and client messaging and solutions.
You will represent the entire group portfolio of services, offerings and partner relationships to the market, whilst supporting the Head of Retail in meeting our growth targets in the retail business’ and operating with this ‘start-up’ culture to meet the needs and expectations of GFT.
Location: Based in London with some European and North American travel required
Principal responsibilities of the role
The Management Consultant will work closely with the Head of Retail Sales and Delivery Management, as well as professional services and international businesses:
- Establish and grow productive, professional relationships with key personnel in the assigned customer target accounts
- Co-ordinate the involvement of internal personnel, including delivery management, professional service units and management resources, in order to meet business growth objectives and customers’ expectations
- Proactively lead the GFT teams in account planning process to develop short and long term business growth plans
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate market needs and direction on an ongoing basis
- Build strong relationships across all levels within GFT to ensure delivery and communication on all retail related needs and opportunities
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of key business drivers and issues associated with banking and GFT solutions
- Contribute towards the collation and production of ‘tip of the spear’ propositions and onward development into true offerings
Key skills and experience required
- Account Management/ Strong Sales experience with multiple accounts in Financial Services
- Proven team leadership and mentor experience
- Working within the sales team to share best practice and ideas on how to gain market share
- Proven new business skills
- A good understanding of the service delivery cycle and software development process
- A proven team player who is able to collaborate across cultural boundaries
- Ability to take responsibility for managing own priorities and deliverables
- Experience in near-shore/off-shore, application development and maintenance models
- Good communication skills - able to communicate quickly, clearly and appropriately both internally and externally to senior levels
- Politically astute and sales aware
- Proven ability to manage demanding clients
- Experience of working in the IT sector for a Systems Integrator / Consultancy or a software house
- Self-motivated and capable of managing work linked to peak loads.
- Proven capability of contract and business management
- Commitment to travel and do what is required to ensure client satisfaction
- Degree educated
- Broad knowledge of retail banking gained from previous sales, pre-sales or consulting/project management roles
- Knowledgeable around change agenda in retail banking
- Technically comfortable, with an understanding of a bank topology
- Strong value proposition and retail banking community insights
- Commercial acumen and a hunger to grow a business
GFT is a partner you can rely on for innovative IT and business solutions for the financial services industry. We stand for technological expertise, vision and quality in everything we do. We analyse the individual demands of our customers carefully with our deep understanding of what makes diverse businesses and industries tick. Our talent for spotting market trends produces cutting-edge solutions designed for the future.
GFT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our organisation does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation or and other basis as prohibited by applicable local and federal law. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants we receive, our recruiters will contact only qualified applicants; however, we may contact applicants for future openings.