Operations Support - German Speaking (Entry level)
- Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Western Union
- 08 Aug 17
Provide support for options and derivative hedging business, manage pre and post option trade client services, distribution of regular client communications/ statements, accountable for first line controls to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, plus ad hoc provision of BI reports to GTM teams, Compliance and Senior Management.
- Management of the on-boarding process for WUIB UK branch, including raising cases in SFDC, TFA etc and ensuring that all documentation is complete prior to submission. Where this is not the case, following up with CHM and/or relevant WUBS UK employee to obtain missing pieces.
- Keying of options transactions into the FENICS system following a deal, distribution of trade confirmations to customers and collection of signed confirmations by return.
- Notifying customers of options lifecycle events.
- Liaising with Treasury Desk to ensure correctness of transactions and that Sales and Trading books balance.
- Ownership of the daily reporting (End of Day) and expiry management (15:00) process for UK and other European branches.
- Assisting the hedging managers and broader dealing team with the pre-delivery of option contracts.
- Maintaining various controls registers and reporting to compliance on a monthy basis.
- Ensure that statements of advice are sent to clients by the CHMs within agreed policy timeframes and assist internal control officer with associated reporting.
- Monitoring of the firstname.lastname@example.org email address for client communications, responding or distributing as necessary.
- Compile and send the end of month mark to market position reports to clients.
- Administer suitability assessments and ensure these are updated annually.
- The role will also provide cover for other European branches on the matters above as required.
- Analytical capacity and problem solving skills
- Highly numerate and literate
- Enthusiastic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- High degree of professionalism, with a confident, assertive style
- Excellent communication & relationship buiding skills at all levels
- IT proficient
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Identifies and implements ways of improving efficiency
- Ability to lead by example and deliver service excellence to customers
- Able to identify own development areas and training needs
(Good knowledge or understanding of Currency Markets and Options in particular is desriable, but a strong interest in the field will suffice. The individuals in this role will be offered the chance to take relevant professional qualifications permitting them to perform regulated functions.)
What’s in it for you?
Competitive global pay and benefits.
Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
What’s it like here?
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference on a global stage.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future - so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organisation where your hard work can make a difference, then please apply for the role – we would love to hear from you!