National Accounts Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 17 Aug 17
This role will support the National Accounts efforts focusing on home offices and research teams at wire houses and broker/dealer firms, particularly the independent B/Ds. This associate level role primarily supports national accounts efforts by servicing existing clients.
TITLE: National Accounts Associate
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our investment efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. With offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong and London, our investment solutions are available to investors around the world.
Additional information on Matthews Asia and the Matthews Asia Funds can be found at matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Vice President, National Accounts
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The National Accounts Associate will support the National Accounts efforts focusing on home offices and research teams at wire houses and broker/dealer firms, particularly the independent B/Ds. This is a dedicated role for the broker/dealer channel, it serves as an integral part of the U.S. Distribution team. This associate level role primarily supports national accounts efforts by servicing existing clients. In the long run, it affords the potential to become a relationship manager or business development professional for the independent broker dealer firms.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Support National Accounts efforts in launching new funds on B/D platforms, promote Matthews Asia strategies for inclusion on home office mutual fund recommendations and model allocations. Also effectively work with advisor sales colleagues in strategically helping advisor sales support efforts
- Maintain platform availability grids, Broker-Dealer asset flow data, speaker topics and content/event submissions to partner firms
- Troubleshoot various operations and business issues on B/D platforms, such as transaction clearing issues, platform specific accessibilities, fund soft-closures, short term redemption fees, etc.
- Help originate firm-specific collateral content and collaborate with internal marketing for output, and manage approval and delivery process with client firms
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual research and platform due diligence reporting requests from Broker-Dealer firms
- Liaise with various internal teams including Sales, Product Management, Finance, Support and Marketing to provide deliverables to clients
- Research, assess and understand new prospect firms as well as cross-sell opportunities with existing clients. Identify and prioritize opportunity set, propose strategic firm specific business plans
- Serve as a back-up contact for National Accounts clients, support national events when required
- Knowledge in Asia markets generally and Matthews Asia funds specifically, ability to provide regular fund updates to client research teams
- Target network within industry and client firms to identify business leads and understand industry trends
- Limited national travels as needed
- 2-7 years of industry experience, preferably within national accounts, manager research or home office relationship management functions
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA designation or CFA track strongly preferred
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities licenses preferred
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- Humble and hard-working attitude, demonstrated high level of self-motivation, strong integrity and impeccable work ethics
- Ability and aptitude to learn. Must have excellent analytical thinking, strategic planning skills, ability to gather and synthesize information and propose actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management and planning skills, ability to produce high quality deliverables and solutions
- Ability to adapt a content and strategy focused institutional sales approach
- Some knowledge of the mutual fund industry, broker/dealer platforms and familiarity with the investment advisor community is an added asset
- Ability to work in a close team environment as well as being productive working independently
- Interest in a long-term dedicated Asia investment philosophy. Demonstrate potential to articulate Asia’s importance in the investment allocation framework to sophistically investors