VP, RIA Business Development
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 11 Jan 17
This individual will be responsible for driving new business relationships.
VP, RIA Business Development
San Francisco, California
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
This position will report to the Head of US Intermediary Distribution.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an individual to join the US Intermediary Distribution team who will concentrate on proactively establishing business relationships with RIAs (Registered Investment Advisors) and MFOs (Multi-Family Offices) nationally. As part of this team, the individual will work amongst various sales and client service professionals and also interface with product strategists, portfolio managers, and research and due diligence teams. This individual will be responsible for driving new business relationships, providing superior client service and retaining existing clients.
This position will be based out of Matthews’ headquarters in San Francisco, and require national travel. In addition to face-to-face meetings with RIAs in prominent wealth arenas, travel may include industry conferences and Matthews-hosted events.
The ideal candidate should have a high degree of integrity and professionalism, and experience in working with RIAs in a consultative sales role within an asset management organization.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable:
- Achievements in a consultative sales/relationship management role
- Proven ability to capture, increase and retain AUM
- Capacity to build positive and effective internal and external relationships
- Relationships with RIA organizations and their partners (Schwab, Fidelity, etc)
- Experience in global/international investment strategies
- A demonstrated long-term conviction for Asia
- An understanding of Asian cultures, and intellectual curiosity about the region
- High level of integrity, honesty, diligence and loyalty
- An obvious drive/ambition for professional success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing sales/marketing business plans
This position requires:
- Minimum 10 years financial services sales experience
- Bachelors degree, Masters degree and/or CFA preferred
- Ability to grow, develop and maintain working relationships seasoned decision makers (CIO, Director of Research) at 250-300 RIAs and multi-family offices
- Ability to discuss the importance of Asian investing, and position Matthews strategies in a concise and compelling way
- Administering sales plans, prospecting profiles, call reports, and marketing initiatives on a timely basis
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills
- Strong references
- Series 7 and 63 Licenses