iShares Fixed Income Product Innovation, Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Fixed income markets are in the midst of unprecedented structural change driven by technology, regulation, and shifting players and investor behavior in the trading ecosystem. Bond ETFs have an increasingly important role to play in this transition, and ultimately, the future of fixed income markets. Fixed income ETFs have significant growth opportunities ahead, with huge potential to convert new users, deepen use by existing investors, and develop entirely new uses and applications.
The ETF product innovation function is responsible for anticipating and identifying trends that are likely to drive investor behavior over the next few years and ensuring we have the right products in place to address the changing needs of market participants. To that end, we are seeking an experienced Associate to support fixed income product development.
This is a highly impactful position, with the ability to influence the growth of the iShares business, the overall ETF industry, and fixed income market structure. In addition to identifying new iShares product ideas, the team drives product/investment research and collaborates on early-stage product design and positioning. The successful candidate will have a good base of fixed income knowledge, combined with the ability to think strategically and commercially. This position will report to the head of product development for fixed income ETFs, and can be based in San Francisco or New York City.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify and evaluate new product ideas by performing industry research and market analysis as well as by partnering with portfolio management, strategy, research, and client distribution teams
- Maintain ongoing awareness of market trends and key drivers (or challenges) to growth and adoption of USFI product suite
- Develop and maintain product and platform competitive intelligence on the bond ETF market to support product development strategy and identify additional areas of interest
- Create and disseminate market/industry analyses and presentations to functional business partners, addressing investment rationale and business objectives for potential new products
- Work with legal, compliance, and product design teams on practical and efficient implementation of ideas.
- Work with sales, marketing, and capital markets, and distribution partners to develop and execute go-to-market plans for new products.
- Work with cross-functional fixed income partners to identify and resolve barriers to fixed income ETF adoption and scaling
Qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years of relevant investment industry experience, preferably direct experience with and understanding of some aspect of fixed income markets – portfolio management, trading/execution, sales, structuring, risk, investment research, and/or product strategy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop and present clear analysis with recommendations
- Self-directed (proactive) and resourceful, must be able to manage and prioritize disparate tasks; flexibility to deal with multiple stakeholders and competing demands; ability to understand and analyze new information quickly; capable of responding resourcefully to ambiguity
- Familiarity with asset management industry, fixed income market structure, and overall competitive environment (including ETF providers, mutual funds and other competing products)
- Outstanding intellectual curiosity paired with strong interpersonal and communication skills; commercial instincts and/or client acumen are a plus
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.