iShares and Index Product Strategist – Associate / VP
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
ETF & Index Investments Business:
BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments (EII) Business manages $2.5 trillion in global index equity assets across US Equities, Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. This includes BlackRock’s iShares product line, the leading provider of ETFs in the world, with over $1 trillion in assets under management.
The Index and ETF Investments Business also oversees over $1.4 trillion in Index Equity funds (mutual funds, pooled funds, segregated mandates) and offers index equity investors the industry's broadest array of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors. The Index Equity Portfolio Management team has primary offices in San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
As a junior product strategist for the Index Strategy team in San Francisco, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Institutional Index business growth. He/she will be responsible for maintaining deep relationships with their clients and delivering the best of EII and BlackRock. The team coordinates closely with other BlackRock investment and distribution teams to deliver holistic solutions to meet each Institutional Client’s unique needs.
The responsibilities of the Strategy team span product development, research, client service, product positioning, reporting and education across EII’s full offering of ETFs, commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. This individual will support domestic equities, international equities, real estate equities, commodities, and Smart Beta strategies across both Institutional and iShares channels.
- Provide ongoing service and support to EII’s global clients and prospects. This will include responding to day-to-day client requests, pricing new business, completing RFPs/RFIs and other questionnaires, and assisting with the maintenance of business metrics.
- Develop and maintain product marketing materials, client presentations and customized analyses that articulate strategy objectives, characteristics, performance, and relevant competitive advantages.
- Advise clients on all aspects of portfolio strategy including portfolio management, trading, transitions, and securities lending. Articulate competitive advantage to clients.
- Assist in the development of new product ideas.
- Build relationships with various BlackRock groups in order to support the EII business including other teams of product specialist, distribution channels, and operational teams as needed.
- Work closely with business leaders within EII and across BlackRock in order to identify commercial opportunities and deliver the full power of BlackRock to its clients
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with large pension, foundation, and endowment clients and prospects.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, similar field or relevant experience. CFA or progress towards a CFA recommended.
- Experience in indexing, working knowledge of ETFs and other investment vehicles
- 4+ years’ experience at a financial institution, preferably within a large, integrated investment management firm in a client facing capacity
- Background in client service or business development; institutional experience is useful
- The ability to build strong relationships with diverse sets of internal and external clients
- Ability to navigate, collaborate, and mobilize resources within a large, complex financial services organizations
- Outstanding ability to influence and lead effectively across regions, functions and teams without direct authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a requirement.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills required. Eikon, Bloomberg, Factset and Barra familiarity/skills a plus.
- Series 7 and Series 63 licenses required; can be obtained post hire.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.