Responsible Investment Strategy Specialist ( 2 positions, one based in East, one in Central US)
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 11 Jan 17
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Responsible Investment Strategy Specialist conveys knowledge and expertise on all Responsible Investment products to regional business units and external clients by communicating timely and pertinent general market, product specific information and education around Responsible and Sustainable Investing. Creates a bridge from portfolio management to both the sales force and marketing team that enhances product and market intelligence. Acting as a “proxy” for portfolio managers, the Specialist meets with clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries to explain the firm’s Responsible and Sustainable Investing philosophy, process, and the performance of specific investment products; and to provide updates on overall financial market performance, economic trends and the team’s economic outlook. This role is responsible for all aspects of assigned Responsible Investing product categories. The Specialist will act as the interface with certain focus investment teams and become a Responsible Investing product champion, responsible for positioning, content management and ongoing communication and training of Responsible and Sustainable Investing strategies to all sales channels.
- Support regional sales channels, Global Relationship Managers (GRMs), and consultant relations with regular Responsible Investing product and market updates.
- Support regional external sales personnel and/or GRMs in the field as the Specialist capable of speaking to existing and/or potential clients in place of the Portfolio Manager.
- Participate, as possible, in product applicable portfolio management and other relevant meetings.
- Support regional sales channels in hosting conference calls in support of focus Responsible Investing topics and products.
- Ongoing training of regional client facing individuals in depth on focus strategies.
- Assist in production of regular product commentary on focus strategies in conjunction with Portfolio Management teams and PPSG.
- Assist in coordination of response to Responsible Investing news articles and topical issues providing the sales force with a timely focused message or response on these items.
- Assist in coordination with EVD Marketing and the PPSG team on broad Marketing Department Responsible Investing projects.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience with investment manager in product management, client service or investment related role.
- Experience in a client service/business development role within the financial services industry, either on the institutional or retail sides
- Experience managing and/or analyzing Responsible Investing products preferred
- Demonstrate strong analytical, investment and quantitative skills that can be used to analyze Responsible Investing and portfolio structure.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Series 7 and 63 required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.