Internal Banking Auditor
The Internal Audit Division Americas (IADA) Department SOX Testing Group is responsible for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing associated with management’s assessment of the effectiveness of Mizuho’s internal controls over financial reporting. The group is specifically responsible for the performing the following operating effectiveness testing: •
The Internal Audit Division Americas (IADA) Department SOX Testing Group is responsible for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing associated with management’s assessment of the effectiveness of Mizuho’s internal controls over financial reporting. The group is specifically responsible for the performing the following operating effectiveness testing:
• Entity Level Controls (ELC) for Bank Holding Company, NY Branch, Bank USA and MCMC
• Process Level Controls (PLC) primarily for NY Branch
• IT Application Process Controls (ITAPC) for NY Branch
We are looking for someone that meets the following criteria:
- Has a Bachelors Degree in Business or in a relevant discipline. (Candidates with a CISA or CIA are preferred)
- Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in Audit or a related field. May possess experience relevant to internal or external auditing, bank supervisory examination, or other experience that provides the knowledge and skills to effectively perform as an internal auditor in the financial service industry.
- Shows the ability to effectively analyze problems; to interpret, understand and follow the instructions without excessive supervision; to recognize, develop and present findings related to work performed; and to prepare all required work papers according to standard. Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, to allow the timely and effective execution of assignments and the documentation/ communication of results.
- Can effectively interview, negotiate, hold discussions and lead meetings with Business Process Owners and Technology personnel.
- Responsible for planning, leading and executing SOX testing programs for Entity Level Control, Process Level controls and IT Application Controls. Execute operating effectiveness testing for the internal controls over financial reporting in NY area offices assigned to SOX Testing Group or as otherwise directed based upon MIZUHO Tokyo Head Office standards, for Process Level and Entity Level controls, along with IT Application controls. Shows the ability to effectively analyze problems; recognize deficiencies in operating effectiveness; develop and present findings related to work performed; confirm remediation of deficiencies; and to prepare all required work papers according to standard.
- Able to perform reviews of junior staff’s work papers and help train and provide guidance to help develop staff, along with others. Cooperate with supervisory authorities and external auditors.
- Represent IADA SOX Testing Group as directed on Bank Committees, sub-Committees, Special Project Teams, Working Groups or Meeting Groups.
We are an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.