Associate Analyst 3-Insurance
- Independently prepares for Rating Committees and Portfolio Reviews by gathering data, preparing charts and financial models and applying Moody's methodologies
- Assists in developing rating recommendations and formulating appropriate solutions to credit issues
- Prepares presentations for issuer meetings.
- Works with a team of analysts on various analytical and statistical projects. In addition, is able to develop complex financial models to evaluate alternative scenarios, etc.
- Responsible for discussions with investors / intermediaries for credits, when assisting the lead analyst
- Builds and maintains relationships with key contacts from various departments in the firm (e.g., press desk, production, financial writers and editors, etc.)
- Serves as a "go to" person for managers regarding involvement in special projects while concurrently maintaining high performance in core responsibilities
- BA required in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or Engineering
- Prefer 1-2 years of relevant work/ internship experience
- Progress towards completion of CFA or CPA
- Experience working with complex financial instruments and/or accounting principles e.g., accounting for derivatives financial instruments
- Ability to lead complex financial discussions in front of a sophisticated audience
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and manage/prioritize multiple tasks
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by Moody's
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.