Accounts Payable Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cazenovia Creek Investment Management
- 17 Aug 17
The Accounts Payable Bookkeeper is responsible for processing invoices, check requests, and expense reports accurately in accordance with department policy. This position reports to the Controller and should be highly organized, detail oriented, proficient in Excel, and have three plus years of experience in Accounts Payable and Bookkeeping.
1. The Accounts Payable Bookkeeper will be responsible for all payable functions in accord with procedures developed by Controller such as, but not limited to; requesting cashier checks, initiating wires/money transfers, invoice data entry, printing/mailing checks to vendors, filing paid invoices, and maintaining W-9 files.
2. Communicate with co-workers, management, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
3. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
4. Manages multiple priorities
Roles and Responsibilities
• Process high volume accounts payable (full cycle).
• Organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Process book transfers, wires, keying data into accounting system, and day to day banking relations.
• Verify that transactions comply with Accounting Policies and Procedures, including invoice approval limits.
• Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving accounts payable issues or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Assist with month end by researching unrecorded liabilities, journal entry set up, and accounts payable reconciliations.
• Assist with month end by analyzing month end reports provided be servicer and recording activity onto general ledger.
• Assist with accounting department projects as needed.
• Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related data mining functions required for audit and analysis.
• Responds well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Flexible, uses critical thinking skills and open to learning new ideas/skills.
• Cooperative and willing to assist others.
• Conducts assigned responsibilities in a confidential manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1.High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience in Accounting is preferred.
2.Minimum of three years of previous experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Some college.
2. Experience with accounts payable systems (Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) is preferred.)
3. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate large spreadsheets using Pivot Tables and VLookups.
4. Experience in effectively working in a cross-functional environment, interacting with multiple departments.
Cazenovia Creek Investment Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. [Company name] complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cazenovia Creek Investment Management, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company name's] employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.