Head of Risk Management
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Madison Pearl
- 15 Jan 17
Madison Pearl has been exclusively mandated by a Sovereign Wealth Fund to hire its Head of Risk. The client is looking for an exceptional leader to develop a comprehensive risk management framework with Buy side/ Sell side experience. The ideal candidate will currently be leading a sizeable Risk function within a financial services entity in the GCC as a CRO or Head of the function.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and with significant interaction with the Board Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee, the role of HRD is to ensure that the Risk frameworks in the company are operating effectively and are maintained and updated as approved by the CEO in line with its strategy.
- Enterprise risk-based activities: Developing, managing and refining qualitative and quantitative risk reporting which meets the needs of the company in order to support effective decision-making.
- Establish procedures for monitoring, maintaining and updating risk policies and guidelines in line with business growth; he/she should be able to establish a proactive and consistent strong risk oversight and management with an approach that key risks are communicated regularly and consistently at management meetings.
- Implement a framework that allows for proper understanding and control of risks (Market/Investment risk, Credit Risk, Scenario/sensitivity analysis, Liquidity and Operational Risk).
- Design the group’s annual and long-term risk strategy and submission of these to the Board Risk Committee.
- GCC experience is a must with minimum 10 - 15 years of total progressive experience in risk management.
- Currently leading risk management function as a CRO or Head of Risk for a Regional/ International Sovereign Wealth Fund, Asset Management arm, Investment Bank or leading Private Equity firm.
- Should have a broad and expansive skill set touching on all areas of risk management with expertise in Treasury Risk covering FX, IR and Liquidity risk.
- Must possess leadership qualities and have a clear track record of building and leading effective teams.
- Business degree or other appropriate qualification.
Interested candidates can either apply here or send across their resume in Word format directly to email@example.com, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Alternatively, if you wish to seek more information you may reach me at +971 4 560 9100.