Head of Sales – Merchant Acquiring
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- 15 Jan 17
To develop and implement effective sales strategy, be responsible for the overall coordination and the functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities of the business, within the agreed cost framework and desired levels of customer satisfaction
- By creating, communicating and ensure the implementation of an overall product-wise Sales Strategy.
- By setting and monitoring targets specific to each Market Sector
- By ensuring Optimum People and Non People resource levels are authorized for Area Sales Managers to enable them to deliver results.
- By liaising with Product Teams in order to share market intelligence and to gain appropriate product collateral, update product information and improve sales processes.
- By monitoring Sales Management activities and sales metrics for Area Sales Managers and staff objectives including key sales activity metrics and sales objectives for the sales staff and providing guidance and support to enhance performance.
- By facilitating individual and team buy-in to sales targets
- By ensuring there are daily team meetings to analyze progress and plan activity to succeed
- By ensuring that Area Sales Managers and BDMs are following the requirements of the Direct Sales Handbook
- By providing strategic direction to the Area Sales Managers through documented monthly one-on-ones. By evaluating MI reports and feedback on Service Quality calls at these one-on-ones.
- By identifying training needs and coordinating with the relevant departments/staff to ensure training is provided.
- Monitor and control customer portfolios to achieve desired quality through cross sell, upsell and retention
- By resolving queries within own area of expertise or authority and referring to the Head of Merchant Acquiring where the query is outside the jobholder’s authority
- Regular meetings with WBG sales head to maximize the WBG synergies and resolve any issues faced.
- Regular meetings with the outsourced vendor managing the after-sales activity to give and receive feedback on the merchant workings/ activities.
- By developing actionable, innovative and effective activities to achieve sales targets
- By developing needs based selling and "packaged sales products", selling skills and ensuring the Sales team also develops these skills.
- By communicating activities, monitoring sales performance and undertaking remedial action as required
- By accompanying Area Managers to team meetings and conducting BDM one-on-ones.
- By providing or enabling coaching and skill enhancement training and providing ongoing feedback to improve the Area Sales Managers; knowledge and skills
- By creating a effective liason betweem WBG and the sales team for greater penetration to the WBG client base
- Through attracting and retaining high quality talent in the department.
- By ensuring adequate career development for high performers within the department
- By ensuring that Area Sales managers utilize "needs based selling techniques" focused on the concept of "packaging sales".
- By encouraging team morale/cohesiveness, through team based events/activities.
- By mentoring and coaching Area Sales Managers to improve performance.
- Contribute to the preparation of the business area’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon
Polocies, Processes, Systems and Procedures
- By ensuring that documents submitted by sales staff are genuine and carry the sales code in the correct place
- By ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided and by fostering a compliance culture. By ensuring that reporting and operational control is effective through spot checks and follow ups on recommendations implemented.
- By implementing best practices and recommended updates received from Compliance/Internal Controls and internal and external Audit points and issues