Lead - Internal Audit
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
- 16 Feb 17
To manage and lead regular/specialised/complex/technical/investigation assignments and assist line managers on technical issues in order to meet the objectives of assignments and ensure that potential risks are identified for corrective action by the management
Audit Governance and Leadership :- Assist in the preparation of the annual plan for assignments and resource plan based on the identified risks and in consultation with the management in order to provide a summary of the audit plan to the audit committee. Conduct internal audit quality assessment results and take necessary resolution actions in order to improve quality of internal audit function. Prepare BACC/BOD/Group CEO and other management reports and presentations as per the expected standards in order to support organisational leadership direction and decision making.
Internal Audit Assignments :- Prepare and review the planning for regular/technical/specialised assignments, manage and lead the regular/technical assignments to ensure that they achieve their objectives and coverage according to established standards. Review draft reports and observations in order to highlight risk issues and control lapses and recommend enhancement of internal controls.Prepare and review final reports and executive summaries, review action plans for each assignment, conduct meetings with auditees, assist process owners in evolving suitable corrective/preventive actions based on the assignment reports and verify the implementation effectiveness in order to follow up, close or escalate open issues.
Risk Management :- Oversee the update of the risk register and programme for assignments with full reference to the latest technical developments to ensure the development of an effective risk based audit methodology. Complete required continuous professional development in order to maintain up to date awareness on the latest developments in internal audit/risk management in the banking environment.
Consultancy Services :- Review/provide recommendations in policies and procedures in order to ensure adequacy for mitigating risk for specialised/technical areas. Manage and conduct specialised/technical investigation assignments, special assignments and whistle blowing to ensure managed in line with the bank’s process.
Minimum Experience :- At least 10 years of experience in operations and financial audits, credit reviews or information systems (IS) audits
Minimum Qualifications :- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance or Computer Science.
Professional Qualifications :- Certification in Internal Audit, Credit Risk Management or CPA or CA or CIA or CISA or CMA or CFE or ACCA or Banking Certification/Diploma or specific experience in specialized area with reputable organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness and adequacy of controls in specialised areas
- Ability to develop plans, knowledge of interviewing techniques and ability to write clear/concise reports
- Knowledge of customer, business, operational, technological and financial aspects of
- products/services/facilities/specialised products/processes Knowledge and ability to review portfolio quality of retail, corporate and investment lending assets, sourcing quality, regional risk, counter-party, group exposures and analyse deviations
- Knowledge and ability to examine the automated information processing systems, operational/processing controls and system security
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant auditing standards, best practices and methodologies
- Leadership skills
- Communications and interpersonal skills