Senior Credit Analyst, AVP (Banking)
This is a challenging high profile role where you will be responsible to professionally manage relationships with issuers, to monitor credit developments and provide insightful credit analysis - ensuring rating accuracy and to respond to investors' and media inquiries on timely basis. The role requires developing an in-depth knowledge of the countries' financial systems, regulatory environment and institutions and writing thought-leading research on banks, systems and markets. As part of the rating process you will manage effective interaction with investors and issuers alike. -
You will also be expected to participate as a speaker in conferences and play a pivotal role in raising the profile of the team and developing Moody's franchise in the capital markets
- Become a recognized authority on the assigned banks and banking systems, as well as on Islamic Finance, as well as demonstrate familiarity with relevant peers
- Develop detailed understanding of and ability to apply relevant Moody's methodologies including the banks and securities companies methodologies
- Demonstrate thought leadership in order to enhance our analytics and the impact of our published research.
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management at important financial institution
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, specific issuers or bank system as a whole Monitor relevant developments and initiate rating action when appropriate
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis at rating committees
- Develop Moody's franchise through intermediary and investor outreach initiatives (e.g. conference participation, briefings, round tables)
- Coach, mentor and develop support analysts
- Ensure strict adherence to Moody's Compliance and Conduct of Business Policies
The EMEA Banking team is part of the Financial Institutions Group within Moody's Investors Service. They provide ratings on banks and non-banking financial institutions.
- Substantial credit/risk assessment experience gained from a financial institution, rating agency, asset management or public accounting firm, or proven equivalent
- Extensive understanding of Islamic Finance and-financial institutions and their regulatory environment, including Sukuk markets and Islamic Banks
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Fluency in English & Arabic is essential while other language capabilities is desirable but not required
- Proven quantitative aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas
- CIMA/ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region.
- Ability to ensure ongoing self development
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.