Deloitte Access Economics - Junior Quantitative Analyst
Are you passionate about applying your modelling and forecasting skills to some of the most pressing issues facing the Australian economy? What will your typical day look like?
As part of the ongoing growth and success of our business, an opportunity has arisen for an Analyst to join our Macroeconomic Policy and Forecasting team. As a Quantitative Analyst, you will work within a small team to maintain and develop our modelling and forecasting capabilities across a number of areas including demographics, labour force and employment forecasting.
This role will have a significant quantitative element, which will see you working with large datasets, including temporal and spatial data. You will be responsible for enhancing our current modelling capabilities and contribute to a series of regular publications and project work for clients. As part of this work, you will manage and manipulate large datasets, as well as apply statistical techniques in a real-world environment.
You will be recognised for your merit and will have the opportunity to challenge yourself by:
About the team
- Applying your technical and analytical skills to develop and maintain economic and demographic datasets
- Building your knowledge across a number of subject-matter areas by supporting projects across Deloitte Access Economics
- Advancing your skills in data analytics and modelling in an eminent economic and demographic forecasting team
You will join Australia's largest team of economists in delivering rare insights to help public and private sector organisations plan for the future. We offer economic and policy advisory services to clients across government and the private and not-for-profit sectors and pride ourselves on providing the highest calibre analysis and advice. Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in data analytics, working with large and complex temporal datasets
- Undergraduate degree with a quantitative focus is essential (e.g. statistics, data analytics, computer science)
- Demonstrated understanding of economic principles and working with economic data
- Strong skills and experience using R Server as well as intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ideally experience in GIS and creating visualisations
- A passion for detailed and diligent analysis and clearly communicating your results
- Most importantly, desire to learn and work within a multi-disciplinary team
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Please provide a copy of your academic transcript and a cover letter with your application.
If you've got any questions about this role, you can contact Kim Schwindke from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP172547