Senior Cloud Architect, Data \u0026 Analytics
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 May 19
Senior Cloud Architect, Data \u0026 Analytics
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects using the newest technology? Would you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights on maximizing the value of cloud computing technologies?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical Data / Analytics cloud computing consultants with a focus on data and analytics to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. These professional services engagements will involve emerging technologies like Machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, Data and Business intelligence. Additionally, the role will focus on customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government. This role will predominantly focus on Data and Analytics capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights and get the most out of the AWS cloud.
Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on data and analytics capabilities, among other customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, Machine Learning, IoT, archiving and disaster recovery.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), , Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, AWS Glue, Athena, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift, etc.
• Solutions - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering Data & Analytics packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications or integration of new applications.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
Security, Risk and Compliance - Advise customers on best practices around access management, network setup, regulatory compliance and related areas.
• Consulting skills to represent AWS within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of IT platform implementation experience
• Hands-on eExperience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform architecture and implementations
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Track record of implementation of AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.)
• Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
• Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto).
• Current hands-on software development and AWS implementation experience required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Experience developing and building customer solution on AWS
• AWS Certifications, ideally Professional-level certifications for Solution Architecture and DevOps
• Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise infrastructure and application products
• Analysis and visualisation tools capabilities
• Understanding and effective use of IT standards such as ITIL and TOGAF
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP, FDA