Application Engineer (NeoXam)
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $10 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
This is a permanent intermediate developer role in the MBO Investment Operations Team which is an Agile development team working on the IBOR functions of the NeoXam product and supporting the Enterprise Investment Services business. The successful candidate will be able to show:
- An understanding of the challenges of configuring/developing on vendor applications
- That they can clearly and succinctly describe the architecture of a project they worked on in past engagements
- That they can, given a set of requirements, program a solution on paper quick and efficiently and able to quickly rationalize test cases
- An understanding and exhibit an interest in Vanguard's business
- An understanding and exhibit an interest in the Finance Domain
- A good understanding of code quality eg TDD, BDD
- Hands on experience in either .NET or Java or equivalent high level language
- That they can collaborate well with both IT and business
- A passion to learn new things
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.