Digital Innovation Prototyping Database Engineer
The digital revolution is changing everything. This disruption is occurring everywhere, fueled by a rapidly growing technology stack that will impact virtually any industry, from consumer products, retail and healthcare to highly complex industrial engineering like automotive and aerospace. AWS is uniquely positioned to help our customers build the agility required to compete in these evolving marketplaces.
Core to Amazon's innovation DNA is its methodology around executing experiments and prototypes to find the quickest and cheapest way to prove new ideas, technologies and business models in a real-world environment. Our Digital Innovation program is designed to help our customers leverage this new way of working to deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi- functional teams and lightweight development concepts like micro services on the cloud.
The role of a Database Prototype Engineer will apply these methods to assemble and deliver solutions for the world's leading clients. Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and looking for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about database technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for innovation, using technology, across the full stack, creatively to solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market?
Amazon is seeking an outstanding Database and big data Engineer to join the AWS APAC Prototyping Team to support our rapidly growing and dynamic business. As part of an agile digital development team you will support AWS customers to develop prototypes specific to their articulated strategic vision for new products and services. So, if you are someone who innovates, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team! The Digital prototyping team is a hands-on team of cross functional developers supporting AWS customers to build rapid MVP experiments adapted to their specific, innovation focused, use cases. The job will cover the APAC region, with significant traveling to customer sites. Basic Qualifications
* 15+ years professional hands-on and leadership experience in commercial and web-scale database systems development and delivery
* Deep demonstrable and expert knowledge of modern database systems including MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Amazon Aurora
* Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
* Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
* Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities Preferred Qualifications
• Experience building and operating scalable database infrastructure and distributed systems
• Experience developing database driven software with knowledge of web protocols and modern web scale architecture
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment