Digital Innovation Prototyping UI/UX Engineer
The digital revolution is changing everything. This disruption is occurring everywhere, fueled by a rapidly growing technology stack that will impact virtually any industry, from consumer products, retail and healthcare to highly complex industrial engineering like automotive and aerospace. AWS is uniquely positioned to help our customers build the agility required to compete in these evolving marketplaces.
Core to Amazon's innovation DNA is its methodology around executing experiments and prototypes to find the quickest and cheapest way to prove new ideas, technologies and business models in a real-world environment. Our Digital Innovation program is designed to help our customers leverage this new way of working to deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi- functional teams and lightweight development concepts like micro services on the cloud.
The role of a UI/UX Prototype Engineer will apply these methods to assemble and deliver solutions for the world's leading clients. Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and looking for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about database technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for innovation, using technology, across the full stack, creatively to solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market?
Amazon is seeking an outstanding UI/UX Engineer to join the AWS APAC Prototyping Team to support our rapidly growing and dynamic business. As part of an agile digital development team you will support AWS customers to develop prototypes specific to their articulated strategic vision for new products and services. So, if you are someone who innovates, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team! The Digital prototyping team is a hands-on team of cross functional developers supporting AWS customers to build rapid MVP experiments adapted to their specific, innovation focused, use cases. The job will cover the ANZ region, with some traveling to customer sites. Basic Qualifications
• 7+ years professional hand-on experience in User Interface and User experience design, development and delivery
• Maintain and manage a cohesive front-end framework
• Research, prototype and advise on new front-end technologies and tools as we evolve our UI and UX stack
• Develop test cases for cross browser testing, and assist in QA
• Help Design REST APIs to communicate with back-end
• Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, C#, Objective-C)
• Understanding of operating system fundamentals (Linux or Windows)
• Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of network, distributed, asynchronous, and concurrent programming
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities Preferred Qualifications
• 7+ years of experience (including grad school) developing innovative UX designs and UI implementation for applications in practical use
• 5+ Years in an agile software development environment, preferably with a startup
• 2+ Years experience developing web-based applications and working with RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of software engineering principles
• Self-motivated, independent thinker capable of working within a multi-disciplinary, diverse team