Software Engineer – Digital Banking
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of something really different - working in an agile way to innovate and deliver quality outcomes at pace? We’re looking for people who are passionate about transformational change and doing great things for our customers, to help us redefine banking for the future.
Join us as we reimagine services using the latest platforms and technology, to better support our customers’ financial wellbeing . What's your mission?
Here at ANZ, Engineering
is about delivering a seamless customer experience at scale through working with the rest of the business in an innovative, adaptive and agile way. This means you will get to: S olve for problems
and issues that matter. You’ll work on providing solutions that make an impact to customers. You’ll have a laser focus on customers, using human-centred design to provide simple and impactful solutions. Develop both breadth and depth
. We want great engineers, and we will foster our people’s talent by giving opportunities to work on things that develop both your deep technical expertise, as well as your broad end-to-end understanding. At times you may be coding in a specific platform, and at other times you may work on enterprise-wide solutions across the business- either way, you get to work on missions that excites you. Work Agile in multidisciplinary teams
. You won’t be faced with traditional hierarchies. Instead, working Agile means you will be constantly testing, iterating, and making rapid decisions as you go. You will get to self-organise and work in squads consisting of developers, ops engineers, customer journey experts and product owners who come from different domains. Own it
. Most importantly, you’ll get to deliver end to end service, and shape how ANZ delivers on their commitment to providing great customer service through technology. What will be in your toolkit?
You will also have the following specialised skills:
- A thirst and willingness to expand knowledge with new technologies (e.g. self-learning, community involvement, or contributing to open source)
- Work with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable applications
- Design, implement, triage and diagnose defects/issues across the full stack
- Write unit tests, perform code reviews, and be involved with design discussions about architecture
Be part of our Engineering community, it’s not just a job.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery. Tooling such as Git/GitHub, Google Cloud Build/Jenkins, NPM/Yarn, Gradle/Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, etc
- Experience with either GCP or AWS
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches
- Ability to use open source technologies and tools
- There are roles available at multiple levels (Junior/Mid-level/Senior) and types (Frontend, Backend, Full Stack, DevOps)
We’re building innovative, flexible and simplified technology solutions that enhance the way people bank. By doing this we’re also designing, influencing and shaping the engineering community within Australia.
We’re hiring for now and for the future and we’ve got some great information about Engineering@ANZ on our ANZ LinkedIn Life page About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued. Apply now if this role is for you. #GD4.2