Manager/Senior Manager, Tax Controversy - Melbourne
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to join the Tax Controversy team in our Melbourne office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Assisting clients in relation to Australian Taxation Office (ATO) Reviews and Audits, including responses to requests for information, formal notices and responses to position papers
- Advising on the dispute resolution process, including objection, independent review, settlement / alternative dispute resolution and litigation
- Advise clients on risk management including developing, documenting and testing their tax corporate governance framework and processes
- Advising clients on complex technical issues
Ideally, you'll also have
- You will be a lawyer
- Tax technical skills
- Ability to develop strong and broad relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service
- Ability to work with a number of different clients and internal stakeholders on multiple deadlines
Who are Tax?
- Experience in tax controversy, tax law or tax advisory
- Legal research and legal drafting skills
- Problem solving abilities and a focus on solutions
- Willingness to learn and get involved in a range of cutting edge projects
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here. What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.