Senior Financial Accountant within a global, well regarded ASX 100 organisation Your new company
Hays is thrilled to be partnering with this premier global Engineering firm, ranked amongst the ASX top 100, specialising in delivering exceptional engineering, procurement and consulting services on large scale projects within the intricate energy, chemicals, and resources sectors. There is now an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished Senior Financial Accountant to join the Financial Reporting team on a full-time, permanent basis to play a pivotal role in shaping the financial landscape of this organisation.
Offering exposure to senior management, this role would suit a highly motivated individual looking for the next step in their career as part of a high performing team in a dynamic, fast-paced global ASX-listed organisation . Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be coordinating and supporting the day-to-day, monthly, and annual finance function. You will receive support and mentorship, whilst being trusted to operate autonomously and take ownership of your work. Duties
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparation of Group consolidation journal entries
- Review Consolidated trial balance and send analytical queries to locations
- Preparation of Group balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly board reporting deliverables
- Preparation of group statutory reporting and compliance requirements for both half and full year reporting
- Annual and Interim Financial Report
- Board papers
- Preparation of/assistance with full analysis of the Groups results presented to the Board
- Accounting analysis and advice on topical issues, including but not limited to foreign currency translation, IFRS 16, IFRS 15, complex consolidations, equity accounting, impairment, IFRS 9, share based payments, deferred tax.
- Investigation of system errors (HFM - Hyperion)
This is a role that requires someone who is willing to put in what they get back in return. Your new organisation is looking to support, empower and assist you in developing your leadership skills, with the expectation that you possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic and drive to learn and succeed. In order to be considered for this role, you will possess:
Beneficial Background and experience:
- Tertiary qualified in Business, Accounting or Finance or a similar discipline
- CA, CPA qualification
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Pivot tables and use of Formulas.
- Advanced Business writing skills - i.e., ability to convey detailed financial analysis into succinct sentences for Board of Directors.
What you'll get in return
- Hyperion Planning or HFM expertise
- Experience delivering in a large-scale, geographically dispersed fast-paced environment
- Big 4 accounting firm experience
An abundance of support, flexibility to work from home and onsite in a hybrid arrangement, continuous learning and development opportunities, and an attractive remuneration package ranging from $120,000-$135,000 plus superannuation.
Your new manager and organisation are willing to invest in you with ongoing and planned mentorship and training. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain the experience to elevate your career to the next level. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508