Senior Manager/Manager, Assurance, Quality - Australia & New Zealand
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The Opportunity
We are looking for Senior Managers and Managers to join our Assurance teams across locations in Australia & New Zealand. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. Utilising your audit experience, you will play a key role in driving quality initiatives throughout the broader Assurance practice. This role will contribute to the development & enablement of our quality agenda to enhance audit performance.
In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment Your key responsibilities:
Skills and attributes for success
- Contribute to the development & enablement of our quality agenda through the development of enablement materials for use across the practice
- Provide coaching and support to engagement teams to drive consistency of application of EY's global audit methodology
- Utilise your auditing knowledge to coach and guide others on their audit approaches for specific clients, including the use of digital tools to increase quality and efficiency on engagements
- Facilitate core audit learning training for staff and seniors
- Participate in the root cause process to identify audit quality drivers and develop responses for implementation to the practice
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Leading audit engagements, defining audit strategies, managing team performance and keeping engagement leaders updated
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identifications of improvements in business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver these to clients
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
Ideally, you'll also have
- 6+ years' experience as an auditor
- Demonstrated experience delivering external audit and assurance engagements at Manager/Senior level
- Ability to utilise audit skills to drive quality initiatives
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- A recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
Who are Assurance?
- Knowledge of current market issues in Australia &/or New Zealand
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here . What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, Australia.
© 2019 Ernst & Young, New Zealand.
All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.