Associate/Senior Associate, Private Client, Tax Lawyer - Perth
- Make the step from industry and enjoy the variety of work we can offer you
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
https://www.ey.com/au/transformativeage The opportunity
Award winning law firm Norton & Smailes, Tax Lawyers joined forces with EY Law in early 2016 which has allowed the practice to cement their position as a market leader in Perth. The Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession has ranked EY Law Perth for the third year running as a WA Top Tier Tax Practice. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this exceptional practice as a Tax Lawyer and to be involved in the growth and development of the practise. Join our team of high performing individuals and see where a career with EY Law can take you today. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Provide tax and related commercial advice to a range of clients including high net worth individuals and private corporate groups
- Advise clients in relation to tax law, trust law, succession and asset protection matters
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and internal stakeholders, and look to build relationships with new clients
- Work collaboratively with the broader tax practice, and specifically our Private Client Services team, both in Perth and nationally to deliver a wide range of integrated commercial solutions to our clients which include strategic tax planning, structuring and transactional advice
Ideally, you'll also have
- Willingness to be trained and have an interest in developing tax technical knowledge
- Legally qualified with 2-3 years' post admission experience
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Experience in working as part of a team, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
Who are EY Law?
- An innovative mind, looking for ways in which we can assist our clients to resolve their commercial problems more efficiently and cost-effectivel y
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 3500 lawyers across 86 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here What working at EY offers
Who we are
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation .