- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director, Advisory Services
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaThe Assistant Director, Advisory Services will work closely with Moody's Analytics clients in consultative engagements to facilitate the deployment of the ABS System and Ki platforms to support their structured finance programs. The candidate will also be responsible for participating on a project team during the implementation life cycle, consulting with clients, performing discovery and translating the client's business requirements into a specification that can be delivered on ABS System and/or Ki. Furthermore, this candidate, will take an active role in the business development activities in the Australian marketplace in conjunction with the Moody's Analytics sales team.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Define and refine the scope of deliverables for each engagement, ensuring that information necessary to deliver a complete solution is gathered.
- Drive and provide guidance, both internally and externally, to support the an implementation with a focus on obtaining, solidifying and documenting business requirements.
- Share insight with clients as it pertains to industry best practices in structured finance.
- Maintain awareness of the regulatory landscape and the resulting opportunities for Moody's Analytics to provide value added services to clients.
- Provide oversight and participate in the system configuration and development of reports through the creation of views, report writing tools and Excel both internally as part of an implementation engagement and externally supporting the clients.
- Interact with all project stakeholders (internally as well as externally), business partners and third-party vendors in a professional manner.
- Escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner to ensure management of customer expectations and issue resolution.
- Assist the Sales team in all aspects of the sales cycle, including but not limited to; participating in sales calls & meetings, providing subject matter expertise, addressing RFP responses, facilitating system demonstrations and preparation of implementation estimates.
- Actively work with Sales team to strategize on existing accounts and the overall growth of the business throughout Australia.
The Advisory Services team provides for the support and implementation of Moody's Analytics' Structured Finance Solutions. This may include customization of the solutions, as well as development of bespoke solutions, on-site installation, configuration and training services.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field required.
- Subject Matter Expert in Structured Finance with an emphasis on the Issuer segment.
- Working experience on a technology delivery / professional services team
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts.
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of technical projects preferably in a fast paced consultancy environment.
- Experience in planning complex multidisciplinary projects in a global and multicultural organization.
- Experience managing external project stakeholders, ideally within a financial institution or Structured Finance domain.
- Proven problem solving skills in a technical environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a senior audience.
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and attain client satisfaction.
- Travel to other offices and client sites, up to 25%
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.