C# Tactical Developer
As a Software Developer in the Tactical Team, you will be involved in the analysis, design and development of C# applications in a Front Office trading environment.
This software includes a combination of user-interfaces and server-side systems which are business-critical applications. Through partnering with the traders, compliance and technology teams, you'll analyse requirements, implement and maintain software covering almost all aspects of the trading environment.
As an experienced developer you will contribute to the continuous improvement of the capability of the Tactical team and applications, (through technology, automation and other means).
The Sydney Tactical team is responsible for a rich mix of proprietary software focused on delivering highly available applications (covering trading analysis tools, market & static data feeds, trade monitoring and real time messaging) used to support trading decisions.
This an opportunity to join a high performing team that provide tangible solutions which directly contribute to the success of the business. What we're looking for
- A Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a technical or related discipline, such as Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Strong C# experience in client side development including WPF (or at least Winforms) as well as server-side systems, ideally with multi-threading.
- Strong communication skills and credibility which is needed given the complexity of the environment and stakeholders that you'll be engaging with.
- A commitment to innovation, learning and working with new technologies, coupled with the desire and ability to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of real time applications (especially with Tibco RV) would be advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a thorough understanding of the full software development life-cycle. Ideally with solid experience in an Agile environment.
- Good collaboration and mentoring skills to help junior team members grow.
- Ideally you've gained and used the above experience within a financial environment, although it's not essential.