Corporate Advisory, Structured Finance, Analyst/Associate - Sydney
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring a financing to support a client's growth plans, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Corporate Advisory division offers equity, leveraged finance, and debt products (including warehouse financing) as well as financial restructuring and mergers and acquisitions advisory to a wide-spectrum of industries, including: Financial Institutions, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Healthcare, Real Estate, Industrial, Consumer and Natural Resources. Associates at Goldman Sachs play a meaningful role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating on our advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions.
The Corporate Advisory Solutions team as part of Financing Group (within the Investment Banking Division) is looking for an experienced Associate with Credit or Structured Finance related experience to join the team, with a particular focus on Real Estate experience. Our Structured Finance platform originates, structures, advises and executes financings for corporate clients and financial sponsors, including growth capital, refinancings, M&A transactions and restructurings.
As an Analyst/ Associate you will work across the Country and Industry team to:
- You will gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the corporate advisory industry.
- You will be a vital part of Goldman Sachs' corporate advisory teams as you develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills.
- You will be responsible for developing financial models, performing customized company or asset valuation analysis.
- You will organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals.
- Participate in and conduct due diligence sessions and maintain client communication to help Goldman Sachs structure client transactions.
- You will work closely with teams of tax advisors, attorneys and clients to drive processes and actively participate in the negotiation of legal documentation.
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience required (whether in corporate advisory classic or the financing group, or previously at a corporate or an investment bank outside the firm)
- Strong financial analytical capabilities, experience within Credit or Structured Finance and financial modelling experience required
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Familiarity with financial analysis with a particular structured credit lens (e.g. fundamental credit, capital structure, portfolio analysis)
- Strong communications, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity