Database Migration Solution Architect [Sydney or Melbourne]
Do you like helping enterprise customers architect systems and solve complex technology problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud services? Do you have a knack for helping enterprises understand the right database technology for their business solution including Oracle, SQL as well as AWS database solutions including Kinesis, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Lambda? Do you have the executive presence to influence business leaders on critical decisions and the hands-on skills to demonstrate with credibility? Do you want to be part of the solution architect team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the new normal?
As a Principal Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to raise awareness and accelerate adoption of AWS Cloud within enterprise customers, with specific focus on how to migrate to AWS database solutions on the AWS platform.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate customer success around migration from commercial database solutions to AWS; developing deep expertise in Amazon Web Services database solutions; and leveraging your deep understanding to influence how AWS innovates on behalf of SAP customers.
The ideal candidate will possess industry leading customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior solution architects and technical leaders within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to enterprise IT/networking teams, software developers, and enterprise architects. They possess an especially deep understanding of database platforms with a specific focus on the way they contribute to business solutions and can drive business outcomes. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Proven ability to clearly articulate business value based on customer outcomes at the most senior levels is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in delivering database services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own each engagement, and oversee the timely and successful delivery of value by internal and external parties
• Contribute to and lead teams that may span different functions. Plan and develop database migration architectures with the ANZ Migration Growth Team to assist customers and partners with database modernization.
• Architect database solutions for simplicity, scale, resiliency, operations and innovation
• Coach customers and partners on database-related solutions and services
• Develop, capture, and share best-practices within the solution architect community
• Exploit salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems. Basic Qualifications
The right person will be highly professional, technical and analytical, and must demonstrate 10+ years of in solution architecture and/or implementation experience.
• Proven track record in overseeing large-scale database architecture, implementation, upgrade or migration projects
• World-class database technical background.
• Demonstrable experience in influencing senior stakeholders and CxO in large enterprises and partners
• Experience and deep knowledge of commercial databases such as Oracle, Micorosft SQL, as well as familiarity with AWS database solutions such as Kinesis, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, and Lambda
• Experience and deep knowledge of database administration
• Experience in database sizing, backup and recovery
• Good understanding of infrastructure building blocks (e.g. storage, network, virtualization, authentication etc.)
• Experience with database scripting
• Experience working with enterprise architectures and IT service management frameworks
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Preferred Qualifications
• A diverse work experience that may include enterprises, consulting providers, technology vendors and/or startups
• Original thought leadership e.g. blogs, patents, whitepapers, conference papers
• Post-graduate degree or executive education
• Experience in effective communication with senior stakeholders
• Master Technology Architect certification or equivalent
• AWS Certification e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate