Manager - Home Buying Modelling
Manager - Home Buying Modelling
As a Manager within the Home Buying Modelling Team, you will assist in the development and management of models supporting the Home Buying Business. This role involves leading and mentoring a team of statistical modelling professionals to navigate the business and deliver high quality modelling and monitoring outcomes within the Home Loan space. You will work closely with key stakeholders, such as the Portfolio teams, Finance and Group to ensure regulatory and business insights are accurate, and are in alignment to the strategic direction of the business. See yourself in the team:
The Data & Decision Science (DDS) team is responsible for leading the delivery of world-class data, analytics and technology capabilities to improve the financial well-being of our customers and communities.
The Home Buying Modelling team within DDS supports the Home Buying business modelling needs through the development and maintenance of predictive models, creating insights to enable business decision making at a strategic and tactical level. These models help support E2E product performance of all the retail home loan products, including pricing, credit risk and portfolio protection. Role and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the development and management of key modelling assets within the team, with an objective to foster a team vision and approach that utilises state of the art data science and statistical techniques to outperform the market with regards to credit risk origination and portfolio management. You will be expected to drive higher quality/efficient use of data through continuous process improvements
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Senior Manager of Home Buying Modelling, in providing analytical and modelling support for the development and monitoring of models for RBS Home Buying Business
- Develop and enhance the application, behavioural models and operational models largely within the risk space to create and drive value for the Home Buying business
- Develop working relationships and collaborate with Finance, RBS Portfolio Teams, and Group Stress Testing teams.
- Drive value through timely delivery of industry leading statistical models that solve identified business issues for Home loans and are fully compliant with all required policies and governance.
- Collaborate with key business areas, including Product and Pricing, Line 1 risk and Credit risk to provide implementable modelling/analytical solutions and insights that drive profitable growth and productivity.
- Work closely with colleagues in the broader modelling analytics community to create a centre of excellence
- Lead and mentor analysts in the team to deliver projects and outcomes for the business
We want to hear from you if you have:
- You enjoy tackling exciting and challenging business problems.
- You use a combination of commercial thinking and analytically driven results to formulate new ideas for the business.
- You're driven and love to work with others to solve problems and provide the best possible solutions for your stakeholders.
- You enjoy mentoring people within a team and want to help foster a positive and inclusive culture that promotes development and growth
- At least 5+ years of experience in statistical modelling within retail banking or financial services, preferably with some experience in the development and monitoring of retail credit risk models, application scorecards and behavioural scorecards
- Advanced analytics skills - ability to generate actionable value-add insights by understanding complex data and using tools such as Teradata SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Worked with key business partners within an organization to deliver business outcomes within a modelling context.
- A proven track record of applying project, business and technical skills to real commercial business problems that have delivered tangible and quantifiable business benefits.
- A strong understanding and knowledge base of stress testing within a credit risk context is desirable.
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Finance, Economics, Statistics, Analytics or a related Mathematical discipline
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 12/08/2021